Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Cannot open pdf files in internet explorer 8 in Windows Vista Business

Technology & Internet

Old 02-08-2010

Cannot open pdf files in internet explorer 8 in Windows Vista Business

Hello, attempting to open a PDF document in web page does not get it and I put a warning that says: "Adobe Acrobat Reader that is running can not be used to view pdf files in your web browser. Please exit Adobe Acrobat / Reader and exit your browser and try again. " For your kind information i am using Windows Vista Business. I do not know what to do.

Old 02-08-2010

Re: Cannot open pdf files in internet explorer 8 in Windows Vista Business

You have not configured your browser using acrobat or adobe reader for opening files. To Configure it use the following steps.
  1. Close your web browser.
  2. Start Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
  3. Choose Edit then select Preferences.
  4. Select Internet in the list on the left.
  5. Deselect Display PDF in Browser, and click OK.
  6. Restart Internet Explorer.
Old 02-08-2010

If you you have installed Reader 9 and Acrobat 8 or some version of it, go to Edit-Preferences-Internet each and three options that appear across the internet, find out they are not branded in the two programs. Log in to each one and uncheck the three options one of them, the Reader or Acrobat. Next I tried to view a pdf from Internet Explorer. Another way out of step is click the right mouse on the files you will see and saves it in the machine.
Old 02-08-2010

I would recommend you to upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader which is in its version 9.0, which have previously uninstalling, restarting Windows, clean registry, temporary and install Adobe Reader 9.0, restart, remove the Start Windows "quick load Adobe Reader to Start and ready. The problem should be fixed now.
Old 03-08-2010

If you are not allowed to change the Preferences in the edition of acrobat reader, better use your browser google chrome which can be downloaded from the Internet freely. I had to do that since changing preferences and installing the latest version did not solve the problem. Install google chrome does not disable "internet explorer".
Old 04-08-2010

This is one of the common problem faced by the users of the internet explorer but after a very long research i have found a fix to this problem which is uninstall the acrobat pro which is installed on your system and reinstall the accbat pro which you have bought initially and then choose acrobat as the default program for viewing the PDF files.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , , ,