Thread: How do I make the default window size open to "maximized" every time in Internet Explorer 8

How do I make the default window size open to "maximized" every time in Internet Explorer 8

whenever i open the Internet Explorer 8 windows , it opens in a very smaller and minimized size. Can anyone tell me whether is it possible to open internet explorer 8 in a full and maximized size whenever i open it. I am completely a newbie and i have just started using the windows 7. Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Re: How do I make the default window size open to "maximized" every time in Internet Explorer 8

This problem is very simple i think you do are very new to this internet world. simply follow the procedures which i have mentioned below:
    1. Open the internet explorer browser
    2. Maximize it by clicking the button in the left to the close (X) button in the right upper corner of the browser.
    3. Do not change the size of the browser again , because when you start a new browser it will appear of the same size in which it was closed.

Re: How do I make the default window size open to "maximized" every time in Internet Explorer 8

I have a different approach for this which i have specified so follow the steps which are listed below:
    • Right on the shortcut icon of the internet explorer on your desktop
    • Then click properties -> shortcut tab
    • Now in the run drop down select the always maximized option.
    • Hope that this will help you.

Thanks a lot for the reply now it works almost perfectly according to my needs but my problem is that whenever i openup a web page short cut which i have made on my desktop these web page still open in the smaller size which i use to get in the beginning. how can i make these web pages to appear maximized.

You will have to adjust all your web pages for which you have created the shortcuts according to my posts above the other work around for this is to remove the current shortcuts which you have created on your desktop and open them once again and save them this will also help you to resolve this problem.

I think that this can be done by opening the Internet Explorer 8 and then resize the Internet Explorer 8 window as you like or the size which you wnat then finally hold the control key and press the X button in the top right corner of the browser to close it. Now your IE window will have the default size on whch you have closed it.