Thread: YouTube videos will not display unless IE8 is launched as an administrator

YouTube videos will not display unless IE8 is launched as an administrator

I have come across a weird situation in my system that is running Windows 7 from quite some time. Well, basically the situation is that the YouTube videos will not display unless IE8 is launched as an administrator. When I try to start it normally, I get a message saying that Windows cannot perform this operation. It also prompts me to download the latest version of Flash Player available in the market. If anyone knows the cause of this issue, then please reply as soon as possible with the solutions that I can use in this case.

Re: YouTube videos will not display unless IE8 is launched as an administrator

There may be some conflicts with some internet applications and the browser with the Windows 7 operating system. Infact, there are issues in Windows 7 with many of the applications that work fine in the older versions of Windows. The issues may also be related to the add-ons installed with the browser. So, disable the add-ons and after that, try starting YouTube by normal means in IE.

If YouTube videos will not display unless IE8 is launched as an administrator, then my suggestion is to switch to some other browser. There are many options available in the market like Mozilla Firefox, Opera and Google Chrome. These are just the famous ones. I use Opera 10 in my system with Windows 7 and I am not getting any problems as in your case.

I suggest you to download a tool called Speedup my PC or Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. These are tools that remove all the traces of any application or program, wherever located. Now, first of all you need to uninstall the following from your system:
    • Flash Player
    • Java plug inns
    • Silverlight

After that, remove IE with any of the tools mentioned above. Then, download a new copy of this browser and install it in your system. Do not install the add-ons. I hope that there should be no problems after that.