Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Internet Explorer 8 Auto Complete not working

Technology & Internet

Old 02-08-2010

Internet Explorer 8 Auto Complete not working

Once I switched to Internet Explorer 8, AutoFill no longer appears to be working . Prior to this i was using Internet Explorer 7 most of the options always appeared in the text box for automatic payments such as history, values, branch number, current account, etc. Have enabled the auto-complete feature and nothing is working still. Please tell me how can i get this fixed

Old 02-08-2010

Re: Internet Explorer 8 Auto Complete not working

For this i would suggest you to restart the browser once again sometime these type of error occurs so restart the browser. If the restart does not resolve this issue then i would suggest you reset the internet explorer 8 browser if you are not aware how to reset the Internet explorer 8 browser i would suggest you to follow the How to fix Internet Explorer 8 or 7 in windows 7
Old 02-08-2010

The auto-complete Web addresses directly is that function by which when we started writing the first letters in the Address bar, Internet Explorer automatically suggests different URLs completed in the same bar. In this way we save having to write all the full address, and just press Enter when IE has shown us that we were looking to load the page in the browser. This is a user option that can turn on or off from Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Review Section -> Use AutoComplete inserted.
Old 02-08-2010

Follow the instructions mentioned below
  1. Close all the applications runnning in the background.
  2. Go to start and click internet Explorer.
  3. Select Tools and then click Internet options.
  4. Then select advanced tab and click reset.
  5. A dialogue box will appear click Reset.
  6. After the resetting process gets completed click close and then click OK
  7. Restart your browser to apply the changes.
Old 03-08-2010

To activate this feature, open Internet Explorer and click Tools -> Internet Options -> Content -> AutoComplete (Settings). You can check the Web addresses check boxes to supplement written URL in the address bar, Forms, to complete text on web pages and user names and passwords on forms, so you can save these data. If you want Internet Explorer asks you if you want to save password information typed, select the check box Prompt me to save passwords.
Old 04-08-2010

Internet Explorer includes a feature called AutoComplete keeps track of recently-entered information such as Web addresses, forms, information on web pages, search queries or user names and passwords. As you type new information, AutoComplete will try to anticipate what you write and give you possible matches. But is for some reasons it is disabled resetting the internet explorer broqwser will help you.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , , ,