Thread: Internet Explorer 8 not displaying pages or not opening up links, squirrel mail etc

Internet Explorer 8 not displaying pages or not opening up links, squirrel mail etc

Hello, since some days I can access some website with google, only very rarely. In fact some times I connect without problems, but mostly it does not work! I'd say it works in 5% cases , Moreover some of the links also cannot be opened and also i cannot open the links from Squirrel Mail Someone could tell me how can that come knowing that I meet the problem with both Internet Explorer and Mozilla! Thank you in advance

Re: Internet Explorer 8 not displaying pages or not opening up links, squirrel mail etc

I think that the problem is due to the following reasons.
    1. Disable HTTP 1.1 -> menu Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> HTTP 1.1 settings -> Unchecked the 2 boxes
    2. In some cases, the problem is software firewall / and more: Try to disabled (Including Windows Firewall), see Uninstall (If this does not pose too much slows down the rendering them reinstalled later if the problem does not come from there.)

To get rid of this problem Follow How to fix Internet Explorer 8 or 7 in windows 7

Re: Internet Explorer 8 not displaying pages or not opening up links, squirrel mail etc

Some software such as Spybot, create a blacklist, which is located in the host file, which is actually a simple redirect to a web address to ip address localhost.

• Location of hosts file under Windows Vista: C: \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ drivers \ etc (if there is not do not panic it can be normal, which means that the problem does not come from there.)
    • Open to file using a text editor. Then you should have as its first line:

127.0.0.1 localhost

• Perhaps you will have only his, but once again it is normal, do not worry. By cons lines that could be causing the problem are of the type:

127.0.0.1 www.google.com

• This has the effect of redirecting the www.google.com to your local ip address

After spending two days looking for what the problem was, I went under Vista, in Control Panel, Programs and Features, View the latest updates and I removed all updates that were made this week , just before my IE7 does not work. And everything is back to normal! I hope it will work for you!