Thread: Slow download speed after upgrading to Windows 7

Slow download speed after upgrading to Windows 7

I had just updated ot Windows 7 and before that I was using Windows Vista. After the upgrade I found that all the drivers and other support are taken by Windows automatically. Now while surfing I am getting a very less internet speed which is really irritating. This has happened only after the upgrade and what are the ways here to fix this out. How to boost up slow internet speed. I am using Kapersky Internet Security. Does this is due to that.

Re: Slow download speed after upgrading to Windows 7

I like Kaspersky Internet Security and my computer is running on the same operating system. Previously I was working under Windows XP with Kaspersky Anti Virus and everything worked fine until I change my computer after a failure of my motherboard. The powerful antivirus blocks internet speed and dueo to that I got a very low speed. I found Internet / Protected Mode enabled at the bottom which I disabled and now it works well.

I am using Wnidows Vista and my default web browser is internet explorer 7. From my wifi connection the network exteremely slow. I found that some updates are causing this issuel Like antivirus, HP, Adobe, Windows update, etc. According to my settings I had disabled all the automatica updates so that I can send large attachments from the email. I have already checked that the connection in wifi all is working.

Anti-Virus is essential under Windows 7 even if it is more secure than Windows XP. Kaspersky is an excellent Anti-Virus, but it sells off the internet connection speed. I advise you later in the future and soon you will have the means to go through Nod32 Anti-Virus and Eset Smart Security (Anti-Virus + Firewall) for an Anti-Virus fairly light, which does not take much memory resources while maintaining a connection speed.

Regarding your problem, you can tell me that whichbrowser you are using right now. Use Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. Use the most newest version for that. Have you tried to uninstall Kaspersky and test behind your internet connection speed to see if it gives the same result while surfing a site or there is a difference.

I had a problem surfing when I install my Windows 7 on my Laptop and even I got the most newest antivirus here which is not the cause behind this. I have a different issue here. I am not able to use other programs such as Messenger, Mail, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc. After disabling the TCP / IP there was some better result and everything is back to normal.

If you encounter this problem then first check teh internet connection. Contact your ISP provide first. There might be some virus in your system which is causing the issue. This looks like a issue of spybot. Spybot Tea Timer modifies your HOSTS file. For Windows 7 best thing to do is to uninstall Spybot and clean the registry and replace the HOSTS file that Spybot has changed.

I have a wireless connection on my home network. I have a Sharing Center that appears on the network. DHCP is disabled on the router have been a fixed IP, QoS Packet Scheduler and disabled IPv6. My problem now is the example downloads various software updates, etc. It take really long time for that. I had created a separate new connection and changed my router. Things are working fine.