Thread: Skype Mobile Beta for Treo (palm OS)

Skype Mobile Beta for Treo (palm OS)

May be it is not available for now, but I needed to aware about one thing here is that if you were working on a skype mobile version for the Treo (I am running with a treo 700p). The java implemented on this is not available any more, but palm have the compatibility for those who have.

I have used to find the appropriate result with different version placed on the official site of skype and they crashed the cell . I have no any idea how hard it would be to find a jar/jad file for such type of phone, but will that be the simialr as for a Motorola Q and some smartphone available in the market ?

Re: Skype Mobile Beta for Treo (palm OS)

I have tried a nokia version and unable to remember which one (according to me 3800 ?) The software launched up , but the display section was cut off (I could get the skype logo on the screen , but half of the same and the cell restarted. Same if I have tried once again...

It is so bad and I am sure and hope - that it can be finished on the palm with the java side, and just thinking that it is not so hard to do ?

A version that has been introduced of Skype for Pocket PCs for so many years, but until currently Palm OS users have been maximum and dry on that .

Currently , however, a organization known as EQO Communications has launched one of the application that allows some of the newest Treo models use such type of services to go for the voice calls as the free. EQO Mobile is a plug-in that works on a Windows computer system , connecting a Skype user account to the mobile phone.

yeah that's fine . It is compatible with both the Treo 600 and 650, but needs that a Java runtime environment (J2ME) should be installed properly on the phone required . It also needs a Windows computer system and, of course, a free Skype subscription account.

Such type of application is now in the beta, and is therefore free. At bit of the point in the future, the beta period will terminate and its developer will start charging for this . It is not yet called what the price will be in this situation..