Thread: Skype Mobile Installation

Skype Mobile Installation

I have been trying to perform the installation of the Skype Windows Mobile application onto my HTC 3600 Windows Mobile 5 phone and finally I got unsuccessful suggestion . When I try to launch the Application File (Skypeforpocketpc) from my mobile device, it is not currently detecting . Does somebody have any step by step guidelines through which I can installation Skype on such type of devices? Your help on this very guidelines would be greatly appreciated .

Re: Skype Mobile Installation

I am running with the same issue . I am trying to perform the installation of Skype into my HTC Touch Dual (Windows Mobile 6.0) and it occurs me the error message suggested below : "SkypeforPocketPC.exe is not a valid PocketPC application". I started this topic on the official site also but no one suggested me as I wanted . I am in really big stuck and need some help from you all . Anybody have any suggestion regarding this ,who can help?

This is just going on because you are working with the Windows Mobile 6 ,you have to take another step in this situation and maybe you need to go for the trial of the .cab extension and there should not be any .exe. The .cab extension is created and implemented for the Smartphone and feasible with the Windows Mobile 5, while the .exe is developed for Windows Mobile 6, and it is the latest version uptil now. You need to down load the latest version. 2.2.0.37 : http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/down...windowsmobile/ .. Please let me know if it is going fine .

Thanks.

Hi, I am also trying to go for the installation of the skype application , but the workaround is little bit different here , actually I am trying it on the HTC TyTN II.
    I am unable to even install the program and was wondering if you could provide me the proper and feasible step by step suggestion . I have finished the downloaded of PocketPC. exe and launched to make the installation impact but didn't got successful execution there . I got a %windir% file and not getting any way what I have to do now with this . Any help would be much appreciated.

I have performed the succesfull installation of Skype on HTC 3600 which is on Windows 5. Then I have the upgrade of my htc software and so the GPS module got enabled . The google maps seems working on the pda and moves without any issues with WLAN connection. I have not tried the same with the GPRS connection, that would make the pda a absolute mobile navigator.

The disadvantage of this is as I have done the again the installation of Skype (maybe a latest version?) that got failed to work for a long time. It prompted me to check out the network connections that may indicate that the Skype mobile for pda would not be compatible with the htc 3600 with windows mobile 5.0 OS 5.1.465.