Thread: Problem opening Skype 4.2 only

Problem opening Skype 4.2 only

I am unable to find the exact answer for this very issue. I have done the installation of windows vista and on that I am running skype 4.1 without any issues . But the minute I use 4.2, it moves to download in proper way and when the skype is going to be open, an application error got open and occurs the message as :

"Exception EOleSysError in module Skype.exe at 0002EAB9. The system cannot find the file Specified."

I have tried to perform the uninstallation of skype and reinstalling the same again and the same thing happened.

Re: Problem opening Skype 4.2 only

Hi everyone, will you help me to come out from this issue .. I have done the installation of the Skype 3.0., it is not getting open properly ..

Actually, when I open this up, Skype window is not getting opened but when I look into the Processes manager means the Task Manager I can get Skype.exe listed there which is consuming my CPU space from 90 to 99%. I though, it can be fixed after making an unstallation and then re-installation .I did this but same result ,..

There are two alternatives to resolve this issue and you can use anyone of them and I am sure it would be helpful for you resolve this out . I would attempt the trial to resolve this with the newest version of Skype... 3.1.0.15x.

If it still not working then you have to just done the uninstallation and go for the Start menu > Run msconfig to make disable all of thing except windows services and restart that and then perform the re-installation procedure . Just make sure firewall and Internet connection is disabled at the time of installation .

You have to try this but you should have to keep your Skype username and password in mind .

1- Close down the Skype application.
    2- Enter %appdata% into the browser address bar.
    3- Remove the Skype directory from the storage source.
    4- launch the Skype and then login again.

Or this way suggested by me.

- Maximize the window
    - Type Alt
    - Type (spacebar)
    - Type M (for Move)
    - Use arrow keys to move the window back onto the actual display.

Skype crashed webcam as video calls, for example, the Microsoft LifeCam Show and HP Elite Auto Focus webcam. Well apart from this I think there is a need to upgrade it.