Thread: Skype and Windows Mobile 6.5

Skype and Windows Mobile 6.5

Hi everyone, I am in little bit difficulties and need to solve this out . I have tried to perform the installation of Skype 2.5 and Skype 3 beta version on my touch pro with the WM 6.5 and finally both got failed at the time of installation procedure : "Installation of SkypeMobileBeta.CAB was unsuccessful"

Someone here have any idea about this issue and error message , if skype mobile support WM 6.5?Please guys, help me out from this issue ...

Re: Skype and Windows Mobile 6.5

Yeah SKYPE 3.0 certainly able to run with the wm6.5 without any issues here, I have done the proper installation of the same on my O2 Atom Life working on wm6.5.

According to me, there is one solution that can be helpful fro you.. you need to try to do the uninstallation of entire SKYPE from your PDA and then check that the registry SKYPE directory have been deleted. Then retry with the version specified as 3.0 BETA. I also considered that the SKYPE launched a SKYPE removal tool which cleaned the registry automatically, but I could be incorrect on that.

I am currently using the skype on my HTC Tilt2 with the properly established wifi connection and I didn't received echo reply. Nothing, I got some other users on the network I call just well but they are unable to hear anything from my side. I have followed from both with and without my bluetooth headset. What in the world is the issue . I have tried this with and without echo cancellation also not the issue at all . It just doesn't transfer the audio.

AT the initial steps try implementing the annoying headset which is provided with your phone. If this is going feasible foe you then it may suggest an installation related problem . On other hand, I would try to go for the uninstallation of SKYPE and then perform the reinstallation once again. Commonly, SKYPE will only be feasible with the wired headset or from the speaker phone. If you are using BT headset then the other users on your network connection that you are calling will not get the connectivity from your side with the voice , this is a known problem . If you need to work with the ear piece then you will have to perform the installation of a program known as AudioRoute v1.2 or PPC Audio Router Trial version ..

Please somebody can help me here ? I really have to use the skype onto my Mobile phone. I have purchased the LG GM750 windows mobile 6.5 specially for social networking pupose, but I already tried to perform the installation the version 3.0 and I got the message as 'skypemobile is not valid. Application for Pocket PC' . The same message I got from the version 2.5. Does anyone have any idea about some version that I can use on my Mobile Phone?

There is one thing that I need to make sure that don't even go for the installation of any versions lower than 3.0. That would not be feasible for you in any situation . It always got crashes with some error message after opening the same . But I am running with some other tiny problems. I am working with the Samsung Omnia II phone with WM 6.5. Skype (3.0 beta) and going very well but the sound moves through the loudspeaker instead of the phone speaker. I have tried to search out some Skype configuration where to configure the output but there is nothing looks in this way . Any suggestion regarding this would be more helpful..

Thanks

Hi , Someone here have some suggestion about the same and if possible , can you please describe me how to download the file because when I find the reference from skype in a sms it states that "Sorry, Skype is unavailable for your mobile. We add new handsets all the time so check back soon." I also running with the amazing big HTC HD2 .