Thread: Skype Linux 2.0 Beta on Asus Eee

Skype Linux 2.0 Beta on Asus Eee

I am sure that it may be pushing the things, but has someone have tried to launch the Skype Beta 2.0 for Linux installed on the Asus Eee on the built in Camera. Actually, I am new for the Linux and don't need to take the risk of any issues which I may not be able to undo by trying. Thanks to somebody here with much more experience.

Re: Skype Linux 2.0 Beta on Asus Eee

This is now easily itself, because Asus has just released the skype associated update for the video version Settings => Add Remove software. From what I got Berkus discussing about the same in the Asus Eeepc official site , I am pretty sure that it also involves the special script for switching the camera on and off. This is excellent and different causes for purchasing one of these excellent and reliable devices!

in order to this, the Skype that is being used specially for the Linux operating system means on the Asus EEE version incorporates some solutions to make better the display of the Skype created dialogs and windows on EEE's small display. So it is suggested to sue the builtin software updation to found that very proper version.

hey guys ! I have some issues with my skype using camera . The problem is that my camera is workign on every messenger but when I come to use on the skype, problem starts. Actually, I am running with an Asus M51 with the integral webcam and unable to get this to working with the Skype. goes well with the other applicable messengers as MSN and Yahoo, has somebody got any suggestions or what ?

From the easy mode, move to the settings and then select Add/Remove software. Entering into this section, update the version of Skype and restart the machine.

After that, you will have to check the Webcam compatibility. From the skype, open up the Options=>Video devices button to get the status that the webcam is functioning or not. If it is not going to be in proper way then it simply suggesting that it is not activated . Make this activate with the below suggested command:

sudo echo 1 > /proc/acpi/asus/camera
    God is REAL... unless declared an INTEGER