Thread: Have DSL for internet but no phone service, Can I Use Skype?

Have DSL for internet but no phone service, Can I Use Skype?

I am unable to afford my cell phone anymore that's why I am searching something viop and also I don't have home phone service,I only have DSL only single line via AT&T which provides me internet but I am not getting any phone service.

Can I use Skype anyway? If yeah then please let me know the procedure to do this ? I have finished the downloading of that and tried the test call, but even via microphone checks out as functioning, I don't get any audio. Is there some type of extra devices that I required ?

Re: Have DSL for internet but no phone service, Can I Use Skype?

Fine, in case if you are running with the internet connection (that it shows you to do) you are able to use (Voice over internet protocal). If you can make the call echo 123 , you are connecting to skype, how you would be aware about the workaround and get your mike is functioning if you are not able to hear. You should try sending a text message..

I have with my speakers in the on status and running with the microphone connected up into the back side of my computer system . I am just considering that maybe I don't have it in the absolute place to connect this . This technical components makes me nuts! I think, you can walk me via having this configure up now.

I am running with three various headsets, but one is just for getting, and it's the only one which adjusted into the speaker connected.

I have been trying to search out how "fast" my connection is really going with the help of "Activity Monitor" that is providing an average of about 10.72KB while streaming online radio. There is no one I know is online at the situation so I am unable to use Skype to track what it's requirements are.

Can any of the Mac users provide some suggestions on a faster connection, checking my current connection and a better headset ?

Just go for the trial and get a fast connection. I haven't used this before but given my experience with Skype on a 2MB/ sec DSL connection, I would tend to consider that a dial-up seems fine for communicating in writing but not for discussing with voice without any issues (delays, cut-offs, background electronic noises...).

I don't have any idea about other countries, but if you will ask about the USA for the equal amount as one or two years before on a dial-up connection, you are able to now get a DSL connection..