Thread: Can not remove Skype 4.2 (Release) from Taskbar when minimized to System Tray

Can not remove Skype 4.2 (Release) from Taskbar when minimized to System Tray

I am unable to remove Skype 4.2 (Release) from Taskbar when it compressed and goes minimized within the system Tray, on at least Windows 7. I can't come back again with this, I also have tried to get it from the properties selection ..

Please resolve the ASAP. It is really seems very annoying. Almost need to terminate the application after every use of the same. It is just really backwards nature in the comparison with the previously released versions.

Re: Can not remove Skype 4.2 (Release) from Taskbar when minimized to System Tray

Yeah ! I got something for you and I am sure you can solve this out frequently but before going to do anything, you have to Close the Skype application first and then go ahead for the steps :

- Just right click on the skype icon, (from your desktop or wherever you have this).

- Click on the Properties and then move for the Compatibility section .

- Mark Run this program in compatibility mode "Windows 3 SP3".

- And then at last, click on the OK button.

And now this should go OK.

Re: Can not remove Skype 4.2 (Release) from Taskbar when minimized to System Tray

Fine, I have just discovered such latest "feature" in 4.2. . I can consider of several programs -- Microsoft Backup and Restore, Norton Internet Security, Logitech Webcam which don't pin themselves to the taskbar when they are actually waiting (or sometimes even functioning) from the background in Windows 7 environment . Fine, Skype came up! At least suggest with an option for us to done the restoration the old behavior!

Working in the compatibility mode (that I got some suggestion against, though I have no idea ... why), is one possibility. For current situation, however I have easily reverted back to 4.1.

From the the newest update of Skype have annoyingly mimicked Windows Live Messenger and the Skype still visible on the taskbar instead of quiting to the icon tray. I got this weired and seems very frustrating as I only need active programs on my taskbar. Skype requires either to perform the restoration of the actual functionality of closing the primary Skype window to the icon tray, or at least provide us an option to select between the two of them. Skype is treated as to run quietly in the background in wait of any calls or messages.

I agree with you. I don't like the fact that Skype is always tagged into my taskbar, and I terminated that and relaunching in the same way only when I require to make a call rather than having it to run properly .

I also concur that Skype is getting the voice of less and less to its customers. There are several issues that they avoid and worst decisions which they have taken despite concerns repeatedly expressed by the users . I am not getting any proper way and have been confused and considering seriously about getting an substitute service.

By the way , I finally considered out the procedure to change the same; apparently, it is assumed as the "advanced" option. So you have to go through the following way:

• Open up the Skype.
    • Move to the Tools menu => Options => Advanced.
    • Disable the Keep Skype in the taskbar while I am signed in.
    • Click on the Save button and you are finished to do it!

Now Skype will move to minimize the system tray when you press the X. at last !