Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Skype 4.2.0.169 crashing randomly

Technology & Internet

Old 30-07-2010

Skype 4.2.0.169 crashing randomly

I am working on windows XP home and running with the skypemate 4.0.2.2. Skype just started crashing after little bit time gap, it is happening randomly. Sometimes while on a call and in some case , when I am not working with this at all. The error record in windows states :

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 27/05/2010
Time: 14:05:11
User: N/A
Description:
Faulting application skype.exe, version 4.2.0.169, faulting module skype.exe, version 4.2.0.169, fault address 0x000ef1ac.

Old 30-07-2010

Re: Skype 4.2.0.169 crashing randomly

Hi guys ! I am also having the same problem and the same version I am using as Skype 4.2.0.169 on Windows XP system. It seems very annoying for me and I don't have any idea that it is going on because of system lacking or what ?? Skype got quit at random manner, but commonly when talking or messaging. I have used the uninstallation procedure, purging the registry and performing a fresh installation, but still the same. Skype is almost unusable now.
Old 30-07-2010

I also suffering with the issue with 4.2.0.169 on Windows XP system . The old version finalized as fine. If I try to make a Skype-Out call after launching Skype it almost always going to crash now . While I would still categorize this as random, try the procedure suggested . After launching Skype application , make a call from one skype to another skype on different computers (I use the Echo/Sound Test Service), then make your Skype-Out call. The first one call assumes as to have done the initialization of something which facilitates the Skype-Out to work.
Old 30-07-2010

I actually got the same problem before. You can go for one suggested, if not both of two thoughts :

1. perform the downloading of the same and install the Skype deb from the official website. You can get the available latest version is Beta 2. It will be updated recently , but for now the deb from the site should be well. I am now working with it without any problems .

2. If that is not feasible , get rid of that and go for the installation of skype-static package. This resolved the problem for me before Beta 2 . This uses its specified library files instead of the that you stored on your system, making it somewhat more stable.
Old 30-07-2010

Skype randomly crashes ... it began to happen after I have done the updation of the skype from 2.6 to 2.7(I am not completely sure about primary version that I had that didn't crash)..

Sometime, it happens When it is in the progress of the video/voice call, sometimes at the time of writing a message and sometimes I don't interact with the skype for hours/days and it goes worst by itself...So really, I am unable to pinpoint any particular interaction which causes this...
Old 06-08-2010

Restarting -Fine it is going on for a while now and I have mostly restarted near about 50 times at those moments . Removing entire previously contained chats/pref - from old versions... Configuring system voice from Alex to something else.

Last one I committed recently , so I am unable to suggest if it did any good and it may be days until for another crash. I am working upon the skype from near about 5 years (Windows/Mac) and nothing just like happened ever.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , , , ,