Thread: Skype 4.2 crash every time I try calling a phone

Skype 4.2 crash every time I try calling a phone

I got same issue in previously released versions of the skype . I am not getting what I am doing wrong or any type of internal issues with the system. Actually, whenever I try to make a phone call , Skype got crashes after two or more seconds. I am working with 4.2.0.169 on Windows XP. I also have tried to perform the uninstallation of same and again reinstalled several times,but got failed after all these things . This is making skype unusable for me. Someone here have this issue then please let me know the solution ?

Re: Skype 4.2 crash every time I try calling a phone

According to me , Skype is semi-functional, but your near about 70% of time, if I try calling with the help of "call phones" tab, it will move into the crash zone. It is really a actual pain to interact with every single phone call I need to make. Not to indicate that the program is a bear to work with . This is really suck, and throws up unnecessary new windows as there's no tomorrow.

This version of Skype is fully garbage and error prone and the company doesn't seem togo through or respond to the forum complaints. There are several organization would have patched the software by now when the issue is so widespread.

Hey guys !I need some help from you all ! I am a newbie for this one messenger and tried to call out, but every time, it crashes and automatically quit me from the application . Can somebody help me what I can do in this situation ? As per configuration of my system, I am running on Mac OS X 10.3.9 and one more thing I didn't attached the camera in this procedure, but anything else. I have been contacting skype support, but didn't got any proper response from them.

Yeah ! I got your issue and you can solve that in this way, just go through the suggestion explained below :

• Quit from the Skype application .
    • Remove out the file Macintosh HD:Library/Preferences/com.skype.skype.plist
    • Remove the file from the location as User/Library/Preferences/com.skype.skype.plist
    • Remove the directory as suggested User/Library/Application Support/Skype
    • Open up the Skype application now.

If still not getting any successful result then you need to go for the upgrade procedure to the newly released version of Skype from the official site and then go through the same procedure again.

Got through the link suggested below will download 2.7 not 2.6, just go to the location : http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-sky...r/macosx/beta/

One thing , just be sure that you have disconnected any type of devices connected with your Mac system. After checking the efficiency of 2.7 and if still no joy:

Then make a new account on to the Mac OS X and assign the same to a user (System Preferences/Accounts and issuing the + button at the bottom left) tagged with the administrator privileges. Log out from Mac OS X and login again with the help of created account. Open the Skype and check this again. If it is going fine , then it has to be some sort of damage user preference files which conflict with the Skype. If it still not feasible with the environment then there is a serious possibility from the OS X installation and seems has been corrupted.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Hi Gonzo , I also read the post what you suggested me to go for and also I have tried the same. It seems successfully downloaded 2.7. I moved through the installation and uninstallation procedure but that also did not worked. I finally got there is nothing which can be helpful for me . So, according to the last statement as posted, my Mac is dead ?? urgghh... I needed to call my husband in U.S.

Fine , the best one fix for you currently would be to upgrade to the Leopard but until then as the last thing (and having one thing in mind that all the negative consequences, it might come up for concerning stability and quality) and when all the recently released versions is not working (so best one something than nothing), you could go for the downgrading to an previous version of Skype which you can find at the official location. Who have some idea about this , it just might go for a trick...

Let me know what happened after this .