Thread: Download Skype Fedora 7

Download Skype Fedora 7

Be able to anyone tell me where I be able to download skype fedora 7 from, I am working with linpus lite on an acer aspire 1 and immediately I had to do a system restore so no longer had skype. It seems that fedora 7 is the basically a version or description of skype that runs with Linpus. If it is on Fedora 10 64-bit, I am infuriating to install skype-static, in view of the information in sequence that I do not desire qt enslavement. Where be hypothetical to I place the extracted folder. Which the complete 32-bit dependencies are skype looking for. Please somebody help me. As expected, the 32-bit version is not working for me.

Re: Download Skype Fedora 7

The Skype forever had used up the complete audio card for himself which was always actually irritating. I am tranquil waiting and hoping that skype determine to in conclusion come to their senses and hold up or maintain Pulse Audio. It is not one of the numerous fading audio frameworks similar to one developer once said in a position in this extremely discussion. The audio framwork most up to date Distributions utilize and skype messes it up by means of its enslavement of the dmix library. On fedora 11 at present I get skype merely running by means of my left speaker and not left. And tranquil it takes in excess of the complete audiocard when you utilize it. And it runs completely unstable and freezes absolutely.

Skype Fedora 7

I am working with Fedora 10 64 bit. I downloaded the skype version or description from the skype website (fedora10+) and had it installed, additional than it determine to not launch. Then I generated a skype.repo from side to side subedit /etc/yum.repos.d/skype.repo I got the subsequent error: I get this error in incurable: GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some probable causes are that you necessitate to facilitate TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have comprise and stale NFS locks due to a system collide.

I had got failed to get association to session: Did not take delivery of a reply. Probable causes contain: the remote submission did not send a respond, the message bus sanctuary policy blocked the respond, the respond timeout expired, or the network correlation was broken then I tried to re-install the entire in excess of again (from the website, and it was going to resolve the enslavement, until I got the following: "Errors were encountered at the same time as downloading packages. I desire to delete the skype.repo I generated, additional than I do not be familiar with how, I am a beginner, I tried more than a few websites, several forums, additional than no luck.

If it does not run from the menu, implement it from your incurable by means of "skype &" to observe what error communication it emits as it falls in excess of. Almost certainly it's not finding the 32bit libraries that it requirements. Based on KTD on top of, try "linux32 $(which skype) &" You be able to make known which libraries it's not finding to load by means of: "ldd $(which skype) | grep found". So at present fix your "mirror not found" tribulations by running the entire in excess of again and making certain gpgkey starts an innovative line i.e.: Btw, IIRC that repo does not demonstrate yum the 2.1 beta. If "rpm -q skype" reveals it's not installed.

Optimistically that determines to pull in no matter which else it requirements, 32bit or otherwise. The original poster's enslavement query above be supposed to merely come up when using tarball, additional than add a number of the numerous libraries above if things do not work below. Then open a innovative Terminal tab (Ctrl-Shift-T) else "exit" or Ctrl-D (once!) to quit the root shell, so you be able to accomplish "skype &" or "linux32 /usr/bin/skype &" as yourself and by means of your Skype profile subdirectory. I tranquil am not capable to type in ldd commands, so I do not be familiar with what I am missing. This is the error I get when I type in "skype &" skype: error at the same time as loading shared libraries: libXss.so.1: cannot open shared article file: No such file or register.

It determine to tell you that installing the libXScrnSaver package determine to make available that library. Become aware of that's in yum's "Installing for dependencies:" list above; it determine to get them if most of them give it a possibility by reinstalling (so do not bother by means of "rpm -q"). It's immediately a matter of fixing your skype.repo URL or put out of action it, as I detailed previously. You do not say whether "linux32 /usr/bin/skype" achieved no matter which. The (skype is a 32bit not a 64bit application, and perhaps to utilize lib32 stuff might necessitate a hint.) or substring-evaluation (in this case of the which command, to get the full path to the skype binary, in case somebody reading this is using a tarball).