Thread: Free iWeb hosting

Free iWeb hosting

I have just received a new Macbook and would like to use iweb to make a website (or blog). Nothing too complex, just for keeping in touch with my family, because I am living abroad. My question is that does anyone have a good address neighbor free, easily compatible with iweb. I am going to use that for photo, Pod Cast or video and text also in the form of files. I found a lot of sites but there seem to have everything and I would be subject blog but have stick to old predefined formats. Any help for free iWeb hosting will be appreciated

Re: Free iWeb hosting

I just created a site with iWeb and I host it on Site. It's free and space is 250MB. Then I made a redirect for free and without advertising on Nitrogen. My problem is that my site takes a very long time to load. It comes from what? The items are too heavy? I forgot to configure something? My first pages are 4.8MB in total and sorry about the squat for my problems, I hope understand.

I was advised by my friends that the OVH hosting pack 1G free but according to the report which is a real disaster with iWeb) to host my personal website. So who uses this package free? We need a fixed line for the account active, OK, but this does not cover costs? Who can ensure the compatibility of iWeb and Cyberduck with OVH (That is to say without processing UFT-8 ISO)? I will be waiting for the related reply.

I would like to mention that I am using OVH and I am very satisfied with the performance that they have provided. By cons for iWeb I can guarantee you nothing is to the stew. So there is no need to worry about the report that you have gone through. I am also your friend and I will suggest you to that if you are planning to go for OVH then just for it. I can confidently say that you will not face any kind of problem while using this.

I used the free offer to OVH for several years. Service that they are providing is very professional, friendly and responsive support even though I did not pay. No UTF8 conversion, iso. I am sure if 1and1 still had launched its campaign with super free domain at the time! The fix is as used by BCP for hosts for this kind of free offers to prevent abuse, as it was not you who called you in no danger of head way. In short they provide good accommodation.

I have 4 sites at OVH. I have only provided with free hosting domain names (not the same as you but very similar) I hand code in XHTML and CSS. I write XHTML and CSS with Smultron (before I used TextWrangler).
    I rock CyberDuck via FTP with no problem. Then since CyberDuck we can view lists of files at OVH and even edit them online directly with Smultron. I am very happy with these OVH hosting small capacities. If I remember correctly, the fixed line is just a robot who calls you to give you a code to enter online (no hidden charges).
    You can do it with another person or even at work.

Thank you for the responses that you have provided for the solution of my problem or in other words clearing my doubts that I was having related to iWeb. I am reassured to know that I will finally be able to have some fun with iWeb and not be afraid to add a page and reedit the code! If face any other problem related to this then I will definitely come back here to find out the answer for that.