Thread: iWeb page hosting

iWeb page hosting

Is there a way to create a home page out iWeb site? The goal is to remove the folder created by iWeb, so there is a home page, and simplify the URL of that page The goal is to go before publication, because once published, I can trace the contents of the Home folder directly under public_html and edit the file index.html, but I have a link to the homepage on all pages of my site, I'm not going to change all my fun pages.html for the link on the right file. Especially since I'd have to do it for each update the site. Any help for iWeb page hosting will be appreciated

Re: iWeb page hosting

Well, first know that if you have "www.example.com". It is always possible to have with iWeb "www.example.com/home.html" This has nothing to do with iWeb. If in iWeb, your page is called "home.html", that you publish it (or you want in your disk), then, with your FTP application, you connect to your server. There you upload your page directly on your server. I do not see why you are not having a record for "home".

I want to believe you, but then you will have to explain a little When I create my site with iWeb. My home page in the site "Home" (I have no choice I cannot create a page out iWeb site). My English section in the site "in" ant the other German and Spanish sections of my sites "from" and "es". For each page of my section "language", I have a link to the home page. When I publish in the folder "My site" I therefore: A file index.html and different folders "Home", "en", "en", "from" and "es". The problem is that already at this level if I move the contents of my Home folder directly into the folder "My site" I have my homepage to the URL I want (the file index.html Fire the folder "Home" has replaced the database file). For cons, I have no access to other pages (I found why the source code but I do not know how to get my hands on it). Still, even if I had access to these pages, I could not return to the Home page because the links point to the folder where Home was published via iWeb Home Page.

With iWeb 2, you can put your file on the page (you deposited from the Media Browser) and in the inspector tab QuivkTime you can caches "autoplay" and "looping". With an iWeb, I do not remember that these adjustment possibilities existed. The only thing that I am not having the idea about is that doing this thing without the file is visible. If you can provide any help related this then I will be really thankful.

In iWeb (version 1) you can just add a player and the user chooses to run that thing or not. In iWeb (version 2) you can choose automatqique reading or not. iWeb version iLife package is sold on the Apple site. While (rate etc.) on apple and if you dry, the in future, comes a story a little more specific because "iweb" as the only description of your concerns it is poor.

So to put a music page, iWeb is the easiest 6 iduck as you said you put in your mouth or not, auto start and if you do not see that the file is not shown you and you chose not to check the bar "transport" Only problem, our friends who have not PCistes quicktime, they are offered no loading. I hope that you have understood the thing that I need to convey. If you still have any problem then please let me know.

It clear that I was talking about iweb08 my flu made me lose sense of time. The transport bar is the bar in the Quicktime player call in French scrollbar I guess. And for our friends and I have heard music from my site unlike those who have quicktime is not having the problem but those who do not have it they are getting the problem related to it. In any case combines Iweb can solve your problem.