Thread: TATA/Reliance USB Modem for Internet

TATA/Reliance USB Modem for Internet

I am using an Airtel USB modem for the most recent six months or so. It worked extremely well for first three months, additional than then onwards, a lot of tribulations has started. It frequently does not connect (even when the signal is strong sufficient) and even if it does, disconnects hurriedly (within 3 to 4 minutes. Then the software collides, and the basically method to re-activate it is to re-insert the modem). The services are terrible. The call center washed their hands off saying that I be supposed to take it to an "airtel center where they be able to service it". Subsequent to complaining to higher authorities, I did get calls from service personnel, additional than they by no means followed up and right at present, it remains unusable for most recent one week straight.

Re: TATA/Reliance USB Modem for Internet

I heard Airtel is superior, additional than extremely expensive. Reliance, I hear is in addition superior. TataIndicom I have comprise and seen and used. Atrocious gets disconnected extremely regularly and the hold up or maintain is completely bad. I would not recommend. Immediately a word of caution: Airtel these is in addition becoming similar to TATA . So ensure that you ask some existing previous to taking a decision. Similar goes for reliance. You necessitate to get a usb 2.0 driver and create certain you have comprise a usb 2.0 devise. I work by means of computers and I recommend an usb 2.0.

It is quite clear that you have comprise a laptop for which you desire to purchase an USB modem to have right of entry the Internet. It is in addition predictable that you be supposed to have comprise a multimedia phone by means of an inbuilt modem. So why do you not utilize it as an alternative of purchasing an additional modem obtainable at a cost of minimum 3000 Rs. In my region the entire these USB modems are obtainable merely by means of a postpaid connection. The charges are in addition too high. Additional than I am using my mobile phone for internet by means of Airtel Mobile office service i.e. unlimited internet to have right of entry on prepaid payment of 450 Rs. only.

Planning to have encompass an Usb Modem. Let Me register my criteria. Based on that please advice the most excellent one to go for. I necessitate an cheapest unlimited Plan. I might require it immediately or presently for 3-4 months. So I necessitate an Usb modem on a rental basis (no tribulations regarding the caution deposit if asked to pay for ). Be supposed to be no tribulations by means of the association. Modem be supposed to support Mac os x Leopard. (I do not desire to run in Winxp on bootcamp) that’s it. I actually necessitate your help for the reason that I cannot call the entire the 3 service providers from here and at the similar time do not desire to waste time to decide subsequent to coming to India. On what I heard no one said superior regarding Airtel Usb modem. If that is the case let me decide connecting Tata and Reliance.

Additional than even subsequent to going through the links I did not locate answers to my query. As for the goes Tata & Reliance are well-matched by means of Leopard additional than the call centre guys or executives cannot assist you out. We have comprised to figure it out yourself from side to side forums or by means of the help of guys similar to you who are willing to assist. So, actually unpredictable job ahead. The usb wireless has no unlimited plans from what I be familiar with they do not provide the modems on rent. The most excellent you be able to do is to locate a friend who is able to purchase it from you. Or you be able to get a regular connection and install a wi-fi router at your place.

I have comprise used together Tata plug to surf and reliance data card. I have encompass originate reliance data card to be additional reliable as compared to Tata indicom's plug to surf. The speed I get by means of this reliance data card is generally on top of 10kB/sec to 15kB/sec and I have comprise to travelled a lot in North India and by no means had several issues by means of coverage at the same time as travelling or even in a number of remote areas. Customer service I cannot say no matter which regarding reliance customer hold up or maintain as I have comprise by no means called them up as I by no means had several issues with the service.