Thread: Run a FULL Optware Package on your ROUTER

Run a FULL Optware Package on your ROUTER

There is an explanation they create NAS units capable of this they have encompass much additional powerful hardware than routers. I might observe this bringing the thing to its knees by means of a small number of people using it. You be able to create your router a comprehensive Internet Server - WEB Hoster - Download Client - Multimedia Server etc. The entire you have comprise to do is to upgrading on TOMATO Firmware and Load the Optware Package.

Re: Run a FULL Optware Package on your ROUTER

I determined to try the Package (Valerakvb) Ver.11.4, so for at present I cannot try the recommendation. Would you be so kind to elucidate me regarding connecting the NAS drive. It would be extremely convenient to utilize it similar to this, for the reason that it has two disks and a lot of storage). By means of LAN is far additional complicated for the reason that a lot of additional adjustments (on LAN) must do. You have comprise to follow similar rules on network identification on NAS and samba targeting at the similar Workgroup.

Let me get this immediately if you are trying to download files off rTorrent to a NAS and not the hard drive that is associated to the router itself accurate. First you have encompassed to mount (fundamentally map the drive) so it determine to treat the NAS similar to several additional drive that is plugged in to it. Give pleasure to make a note of that the NAS directory must be configured to read/write for rTorrent to essentially download on that drive.

I do not be familiar with why, additional than the merely string that actually worked was mount -t cifs //192.168.1.3/public /tmp/nas/, additional than you gave me a superior direction. I run into tribulations when installing merely asterisk on rt-n16 router. My router works on tomato firmware -tomato-K26USB-1.27.9045MIPSR2-beta11-vpn3.6. The optware/asterisk installation took me regarding 15 minutes by means of a small number of errors on asterisk (directory not found etc.) I do not be familiar with why that occurs in view of the fact that I follow the procedure posted on this page. Anyhow, I originate out that in the log file the "cgi-bin" folder by no means get generated so I physically generate and copy in excess of asterisk.sh from "asterisk" folder.

I determined to create certain the script the night when comeback at home my friend. If its probable send me the entire error logs you have comprise to help me on debugging. It did not give the impression similar to it installed appropriately. Are you using a flash drive. The rt-n16 USB ports does not seem to be powered appropriately (or that is what occurred to me). I tried to install it on a 16gb flash drive additional than it kept decreasing itself and missed files when it was working the script. Subsequent to switching to an ext hard drive that is motorized via Ac adapter, the whole thing went smoothly.

By means of the most recent DD-WRT (v23 SP2 and v24 SP1), it is probable to install optware packages from NSLU2-Linux project. This port of Optware is tailored for DD-WRT and enlarge the router to full characteristic Linux if sufficient storage (jffs, SD/MMC Card, USB) is make available for packages. The most important characteristic of this package is that it installs the entire required files under /opt by means of 1000 ported applications. By means of build root tool chain, system library independence is in addition added. This means that packages at present depend on /opt/lib/uClibc.so and dynamic loader in addition in /opt/lib by means of separate /opt/etc/ld-opt.so.conf for custom. So accumulation Applications are built by means of wchar and locale hold up or maintain which makes uClibc library somewhat greater than additional uClibc packages, additional than tranquil far smaller than glibc based applications.

The hardware, suggested is routers by means of USB hold up or maintain (Asus WL-500g Deluxe|Premium, Linksys WRTSL54GS). The WRT54g routers by means of hardware alteration and amendment for MMC/SD card. The 32MB of RAM might not be sufficient for a number of application and thus swap is suggested. The USB hard disk for storage and swap or USB key without swap. Routers by means of 8MB flash are able to in addition fit some applications in /jffs without the necessitate for swap (e.g. WRT54GS v1.1).