Thread: Modem ADSL Light Keeps on Blinking

Modem ADSL Light Keeps on Blinking

Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me with this problem. Earlier this week, my Internet connection suddenly went down. All lights on the modem are still green, except the lights DSL / Internet were flashing Red. All cords were connected to plugs, and my ISP said that the Internet connection in my area has been working. It stayed for 30 minutes, then started working again randomly. Now, a few days later, the same thing happened again (except it did not start working again - I'm not writing this at home). Does anyone have any idea why this could happen.

Re: Modem ADSL Light Keeps on Blinking

This appears to me as your modem is not working correctly so it would be better to get your modem checked once. you can check it by using this modem at your friends place if your modem has any sort of a problem it will not work there. If this is the case then go and get your monitor repaired with the manufacturer. Other wise contact the ISP.

There might be a maintenance activity undergoing in your area which is causing this problem. So try to check whether there are some really undergoing in your area with the service provider or simply call the customer support executive and get this issue cleared. If there are such activities going on wait for 24 hours and your issue will be resolved automatically.

This was the same issue which occurred at my home so after trying to adjust the firewalls and then i ensured that all the ip configuration are correct. Finally i disconnected all the wires connecting the modem and waited for about 15 minutes and then connected it again this trick really worked for me. it might work in your case too.

You need to turn your modem off and then wait for some time about 15 to 20 seconds and finally turn it on again. If the problem still persists then i would suggest you to repair the Local Area connection by right clicking the network icon appearing in the task bar notification area. The connection should start working.

The modem light is blinking clearly indicates that your line is down, if you haven't changed anything then it is a matter of telecommunications. Simply you need to call the subscriber or the Internet service provider or lodge a complaint to the tech support department of the Internet Service Provider.