Thread: JavaFX mobile for cell phones

JavaFX mobile for cell phones

Javafx Mobile

Introduction :
    JavaFX Mobile is a mobile platform allows code execution Java. It relies on a core Linux and is compatible with Java SE and Java ME. JavaFX Mobile form with JavaFX Script technology JavaFX. JavaFX Mobile is the evolution of the platform javas created by the eponymous company, acquired by Sun Microsystems in April 2007. The system is licensed GPL for now and can run on processor ARM and compatible. It is marketed as mobile phones, in PDAs and other mobile devices.

Mobile JavaFX Access for Windows Mobile :
    Sun claims to have tested this version as:
    - HTC Diamond
    - LG Incite
    and most mobile phones meeting the prerequisites should be compatible.

Requires minimum side job development:
    - 2 GB of disk storage
    - 1GB RAM
    - 1GHz CPU
    - Microsoft XP or Vista 32 bit
    - Java SE Kit
    - Enabling advanced network functionality

Prerequisite movable side:
    - Windows Mobile 6.0 or 6.1 platform
    - 32-bit RISC Microprocessor
    - At least 64 MB of RAM

Features:
    - MIDP 2.1 (JSR 118)
    - 1.1a CLDC (JSR 139)
    - PDA Optional Packages for the J2ME Platform 1.0 (JSR 75)
    - Wireless Messaging API (WMA) 1.1 (JSR 120)
    - Mobile Media API (MMAP) 1.2 (JSR 135)
    - J2ME Web Services Specification (JSR 172)
    - Location API for J2ME (JSR 179)
    - SIP API for J2ME (JSR 180)
    - Java Technology for the Wireless Industry 1.0c (JSR 185)
    - Content Handler API 1.0 (JSR 211)

Major limitations:
    - A single application can run both on the mobile
    - Do not yet support OTA (Over The Air)

You will also find some sample applications including "TwitterFxMobile" and an emulator. Any more discussion on this will be very interesting. More information is provided here.
    JavaFX Mobile from Sun

Re: JavaFX mobile for cell phones

For JavaFX Mobile I do not understand anything. When Sun released JavaFX 1.0, they said they could develop from that time on mobile, but they were going to pull something special for mobile in the months that followed. They released JavaFX 1.1, that "it is compatible with mobile technologies" or something approaching, but personally, I never understood what it brought to this level and I suspect that this is nowhere explained. And now, so we have something called JavaFX 1.2 Mobile. But what is it? What it brings compared to the existing one? Me, what I understood at first, is that for mobiles, based on JavaFX and JavaME so, once compiled, the application run as any application JavaME. What is that thing? If I think the Release Note, it seems it is actually a tool to compile the JavaFX JavaME for Windows Mobile since it's about integration with Netbeans. What must be understood is that JavaFX does not solve the problem of disparity and profiles of JavaME devices, which was nevertheless one of the strengths of JavaFX initially announced. He will now have to wait JavaFX Mobile for Symbian, Blackberry, Android and perhaps WebOS, which will also leave the dropper (6 months between the release of JavaFX 1.0 and this pre-release, it portends an output spread over several years). Another disappointment. This is the keyword on this technology. Well, I just saw in the installation guide that should also install something on the mobile itself. But since compiled JavaFX applications as binary Java, what's the point, what is installed there?

If you install an overlay on the mobile so it can run JavaFX, what is this that you install on Netbeans? We should be able to satisfy basic JavaFX plugins. And if you are forced to build specifically for each system as with JavaME, which explains the need for a development kit specifically for Netbeans, what is installed on the mobile?

JavaFX Mobile 1.2 with support: it has the profile mobile + mobile emulator that allows testing and builds upon an application for JavaFX Mobile. By cons nothing can deploy or run on mobile themselves. Even if one way or another you get to copy the app on the mobile, it can not run because it lacks the necessary overlay JFX enforcement. Mobile JavaFX 1.2 Early Access for Windows Mobile: one hand gives the overlay required for the performance of JavaFX on mobile devices based on Windows Mobile can deploy or update this overlay on the device itself ( mention is made we can update product has an alpha version that was sold at JavaOne). On the other hand it also integrates with NetBeans which will allow to deploy applications on the mobile from the IDE itself. Possibly if it is a standalone, it must also contain JavaFX 1.2.