Thread: Preferences - Bandwidth - Maximum Upload Rate

Preferences - Bandwidth - Maximum Upload Rate

I am facing the problems while doing the downloading of movies and video songs in uTorrent. The speed that I am getting is very less, that's why it takes lot of time for downloading the movies or songs when compared to other machines of my friends who are having same speed. Actually I think that there should be some setting that I am missing and I am not having enough knowledge about the uTorrent. The main thing is that only I have to increase (maximum) my upload rate. I came to know that it is situated in preferences options, but don't know exactly where.!! So please tell me about it with some detailed information that is related with the topic.

Re: Preferences - Bandwidth - Maximum Upload Rate

You must know the speed of your connection (This is noted in your contract or on the website of your ISP). You can do a bandwidth test to determine your best abilities. The speed values are generally given in kilobits per second [kb / s] while the values to be filled in eMule are in kilobytes per second [kb / s]
    The conversion kilobytes is a simple division by 8 kilobits.
    Example :
    Maximum downlink speed: 768 kb / s ÷ 8 = 96 kb / s
    Rising maximum speed: 128 kb / s ÷ 8 = 16 kb / s
    The configuration wizard contains the most common types. Feel free to use it to establish the appropriate settings for your internet access.

You should know about the Capacities.
    • Reception :
      This value is equal to the maximum bandwidth down. In the example above, it would be 96. This value is only used to adjust the scale of graph statistics.
    • Issue :
      The maximum uplink speed. In the example, it would be 20. This value is also used simply to adjust the scale of graphics.

You should note that Capacity is very important for connection management by eMule. Check the accuracy of reported values.

There are also some limitations. This is the maximum download speed that is allowed. It is recommended not to set a limit and therefore do not check the box. Whereas an issue is that setting is critical. It sets the maximum transmission speed that you attach to the network. It is recommended not to establish over 75% of your capacity issue. You can also use the speed detection issue.

If you enable the detection of the transmission speed in the Preferences -> Extended Properties and uncheck the box that you control the emission limit, eMule uses the entire upstream bandwidth available for best performance. Ping Monitoring and adjustments of transmission speed, automatic, allows smooth navigation or gaming online, making sure that eMule uses all the remaining bandwidth for downloads and collection of funds.

Setting too high a limit Issue:
    Each download requires a bit of bandwidth in order to issue requests, acknowledge receipt of packages and more. Also, if you set this limit too high, lack of bandwidth issue will slow your downloads.

You can limit bandwidth by using BitLord Torrent. In most cases, when bandwidth is limited, which allows unlimited BitTorrent download and upload rates could affect your other applications. For example, you will not be able to watch videos in time real or instant messages are delayed a few seconds. Depending on your bandwidth impact on how much it will cost to access or not broadband connections, you may not be able to use IM at all if your torrents are downloading. To resolve this problem, you can try to limit the bandwidth used by your torrent client.

If the network connection is lost, eMule automatically tries to establish a new one. It is recommended that you check this option. Show surplus bandwidth :- This option displays the status bar of eMule, excess bandwidth both in transmission and downloading. These are the values in brackets () that lie alongside those of the upload speed and download routine. This surplus is calculated from the amount of data needed to support the interrogation of sources, opening connections and control of all other modes of communication between clients. This bandwidth is unusable for the transmission and downloading.

To limit the download speed, or the preferences window, so the maximum upload rate for a value you prefer. In the example below I entered 3KB / s download rate limit of this value.

After that, check the download speed while watching the stream sessions are currently running. In the example below, I saw that the download speed is now maxed at 3KB / s. Since you have limited download speed, also limit the download speed - that way you can enjoy your connection outside your torrent client. Playing with these values up 'that you get your performance desired bandwidth. In my case, I allow the download / upload limit during my working hours when I need the bandwidth and then I put on indefinite when I do not work.