Thread: Slow upload speed on 20mb virgin media

Slow upload speed on 20mb virgin media

I have been using uTorrent for a extended time and I have by no means had any tribulations previous on my 20mb Virgin Media by means of a DL: 2.1mB/s and UL:90kB/s. Recently though I determine to download something no difficulty and get my full speed, but when it comes to seeding back I am auspicious if I hit 1kB/s. I utilize torrents from a confidential site so there reliable and the one I am testing immediately at present has in excess of 500peers but I am getting speeds of connecting 0.1 and 0.5. I tried turning the Protocol to compulsory but it seems similar to I determine to attach to a peer for 2-3secs then it disappears etc.

Re: Slow upload speed on 20mb virgin media

I have similar problem on my computer. At first I kept opinion it might be throttling but when I do a speed test on speedtest.bbmax my speed of the upload and the speed of the download demonstrate extremely well. I do not utilize any firewalls, presently AVG Free. I comprise my laptop hard wired to my Netgear WNR2000 router. Be able to somebody give pleasure to give me several recommendation on how I be able to sort this. The settings I utilize in uTorrent and completed via the automatic setup by means of DHT put out of action as my torrent site be able to ban me for using it.

Not including when it comes to the numeral or quantity of downloaders to upload to. The peers you are concerning to temporarily are probable additional seeds on the torrent. Right at present I am and which I have got it the entire custom set and DHT facilitated and my seeding is similar to this: Seeds 0(3494), Peers 2(565), Speed : connecting 15kB/s and 30kB/s. Several tips or even a torrent I be familiar with determine to give me full upload to observe if it’s the torrents or the program.

The universal tab's "X of Y (Z in swarm)" information in sequence for the peers determine to tell you if you even comprise a opportunity of getting several upload completed. If the Z in swarm is 0 for peers, you include no chance whatsoever. Then create certain your client be able to accept incoming associations and pray that virgin is not messing approximately by means of torrenting.

Even though I am on agitated association I finished the port 60606 and not random and added that to my router setup on my agitated ip address to observe if that assists. So far I imagine it did as I have got 2 associations going at 72kB/s smile. Appreciation for the assist and I determine to let you be familiar with if it screws up again. If you create certain in the Logger window/tab when you observe short-lived acquaintances on the torrents, then you be able to locate out if they are disconnecting for the reason that they are seeds or not. (You might necessitate to right-click in that window and facilitate logging of the whole thing but verbose stuff.).

In excess of the most recent 4-5 months my upload speed has been getting slower and slower. My download speeds are extremely well, well the majority of the time nevertheless. I do not put too much belief into websites such as Speedtest as I be familiar with it depends on how busy traffic is on their servers and anticipate on direction. I do get results close to 19.5 Mb/s though so it seems to be satisfactory. Sometimes the Speedtest occurs faster than additional times even by means of the similar results. Perhaps Virgin utilizes network accelerators and I am downloading from them as an alternative of the concrete Speedtest site. Anyway moreover technique it proves my modem is downloading at the accurate speed.

On the upload I used to get 0.70-0.74 Mb/s which is what I would be expecting additional than steadily it's been getting slower and at present I am providential to get precedent 0.35, but on average it's beneath 0.25. I have completed tests by means of and without my router to get rid of that. I encompass tested hardwired on three dissimilar apparatus. I have tested on XP, Vista & Windows 7. I have finished this to completely get rid of it being my apparatus. I have even gone as far as taking the modem and laptop unswervingly outside and plugging into the coax where the cable meets the house, (sad are not I.). The green cabinet is unswervingly subsequently to my house for what its significance so it's not deterioration of indication, unless of course the coax to the cabinet deteriorated.