Thread: What does Net.bind_ip and Net.outgoing_ip means

What does Net.bind_ip and Net.outgoing_ip means

I am using utorrent for downloading files. I need some help in configuring my torrent downloads. First what does net.bind_ip means. What is the works of this and second thing what does Net.outgoing_ip means. I am setting up some files to download on LAN where I need to setup this settings. I never did this before so I am stuck on this position. Need help for the same. Thanks.

Re: What does Net.bind_ip and Net.outgoing_ip means

Here I can give you some general idea about the same. First Net.bind_ip means the settings of incoming connection the LAN. That means you will need to setup your incoming connection on the lan adapter. It is the place from where you system will receive data. You will need specify the LAN adapter's IP address in that box and then run your torrent application.

Net.outgoing.ip is revers of Net.bind_ip. Here instead of providing the settings for incoming connection your will need to provide outgoing connection settings. You will need provide the IP address here for outgoing connection. Also note down one thing that Window might ignore this and use any other LAN adapter. This is due to the binding order set by default in Windows.

Many know that when the VPN connection is cut for your P2P app and it will continue to send and receive request. I had tested this by using dedicate software to avoid this phenomenon. But there is something which is much simpler a firewall. For the net.bind thing does it means that utorrent will connect to other peers by this settings when I try to connect the same to a tracker.

To verify the proper operation to block I found a rule of rfus + log entry on my router. I will wait tomorrow morning to confirm whether or not the bittorent package from my public ip were returned. On the other hand I think the pbm is the term which leaks your ISP IP network when the VPN is working just above the UDP which is not always tunneled. So that creates a bit risk on the same.

As for the VPN I am providing a bit little of information. yourself a little. In my system I am using client OpenVPN. In this everything goes through him and it has more than one internet connection. As you restart the internet connection the VPN client is not automatic. Means it does not start on its own and here you need to re-enter the login id and password unless the client is modified client. I use OpenVPN as it is open source.

In my case the software utorrent does not use the trading port for these functions that use UDP i.e. for example port 80. And actually IPv6 may be a pbm can be issue but hey just disable it in utorrent and Windows. You remove your way through your network gateway, the time to use your P2P software. If you have a modem, the ip will be your public ip I think.