Thread: Remember Torrent settings by files sorted

Remember Torrent settings by files sorted

I had added some list of 50 files in the utorrent. I had added this files last week and for every day I run torrent for 3 hours. Now after downloading the files I am confused with the downloads. I want them in the list of date added starting from the oldest one. It is all jumble and it is hard to find the first file. Does anyone has a solution for this. Second thing my pc is works very slow when I run torrent. My browser hangs on surfing.

Re: Remember Torrent settings by files sorted

It is easy to sort that. In the utorrent interface you can see the torrent files are downloaded to different section. Like the first column gives you the name then comes the time and downloaded files. In that if you click you can sort the files. Other than this you just need to right click on the panel of those files and choose sort by date. This same this is common on almost all types of torrent clients.

If you are using Webui then sorting is not possible. This is because of limitation of api. Here in webui the api does not allows the sorting of the files. You might need to use a different torrent client for the same. I had tried the same in web ui but there is not help. You can right click on the file in the download folder of torrent and choose there arrange by date. That worked here.

It is possible that some application in your system is using up lots of you system resources due to which you pc is getting slow. You can press ctrl + alt + del to check which process is eating too much of space. You can see if that is torrent then you can do two things here. First either by changing your torrent client or upgrading your system memory.

Try to give more information memory or programs you are using. Here there are some application which force Windows to use first installed the ram which immediately give result in increasing of the virtual memory use. So here there are some application which eats most of your system resources. You might need to kill those all processes first and then check back. Try to switch to some different torrent client.

It can be virus. Some malicious application in your system is eating up you bandwidth due to which your system get slowed down. That you can find in task manager. Check that first if not then it is possible that your physical memory is used more in place of the virutal ram. You can increase that by editing the System.ini file and adding the ConservativeSwapfileUsage to 1 value.

The Windows Explorer is customary to keep the DLLs used in memory even after closing the application. This will enable you to force the operating system to delete them when they are no longer used. For that click on start > run and type regedit. In that look for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE / Microsoft / Windows / CurrentVersion / Explorer. Here Create a DWORD value named AlwaysUnloadDll and gives it to 1. So, you have no more unused DLLs that can eat up your ram.