Thread: Defragmenting after downloading from utorrent

Defragmenting after downloading from utorrent

I immediately desire to create completely certain. Is it ok to defragment the hard drive when utorrent is off but then downloads are unfinished. At present to anticipate windows' defaulting defragmenter does not do that. Recently comprise you changed anything presently. Defragment your drives. In addition, I built my own system, so I do be familiar with that my motherboard and hard drives are the entire capable of 3.0 GB/s. And previous to anybody asks, yes, the HD pins are configured appropriately to facilitate 3.0 GB/s speeds, rather than being limited to 1.5 GB/s.

Re: Defragmenting after downloading from utorrent

Yes, it is supposed to be secure as long as your defragmenter does not screw the files up at the same time as shifting them approximately. Having to physically defragment is a chore. I encompass Diskeeper defragment every night at 4:45 AM Monday to Friday mornings. 9:35 AM on Saturday and Sunday mornings for the reason that I might tranquil are awake then. Yes, I do utilize Vista's built-in Defragmentation program; it is scheduled to work a defragmentation on the entire of my hard drives each morning.

Windows defragmenter is sluggish, but it be supposed to be secure. The IINM, anything that uses the NT defragmenting API to do the defragmenting be supposed to be protected. If you desire fast, straightforward and free, perhaps you be supposed to try JkDefrag. If you are on Vista, are you using the built in defrag. Try that if you are not. In addition watch for at what speed it occurs and what the disk accumulation is doing, tweaking the disk accumulation might assist. In addition, many SATA drives would not even reach 1.5 Gbps at the same time as bursting; the drive you comprise is one of numerous factors.

I imagine if you desire to be actually secure you are supposed to facilitate pre distribute files in utorrent. this determine to allocate the space desirable for the file ahead of time generate a beginning and endpoint to the file right off the bat and then overwrite the haphazard data in the middle as it goes rather than making a file that grows gradually as it is runs. I locate this diminutive known characteristic determine to protect utorrent from fragmenting at the entire. In addition when defragmenting, these incomplete files determine to tranquil come into view as their intended size and the defragmenter be supposed to shift the entire thing accordingly.

Recently I cannot seem to download no matter which without µTorrent continuously doing this thing where it decreases the entire my speeds to less than 10kB/s and displays "Disk overloaded 100%" in the status bar.µTorrent it seems that requirements to be restarted to return to standard. On the other hand, when this occurs, µTorrent determine to not close appropriately. If I attempt to close µTorrent, the submission determines to vanish, but the task is tranquil working; I must force close it. This problem seems to happen even if I comprise simply a total of one active torrent. My download bandwidth is set to 1024kB/s, and upload is set to 128kB/s. My hard drives are together SATA, capable of up to 3 GB/s. I am working Vista SP1; µTorrent version or description of1.8.3 (build 15772).

My presently recent changes are as go behind: Upgraded ISP account for additional bandwidth. Approx. 2 weeks previously ( Bandwidth limits are set in µTorrent, so this be supposed to not be a characteristic. ) Upgraded RAM (2 GB to 6 GB). Approx. 1 week previously (theoretically this be supposed to not be a factor moreover) I am not accurately certain how long this has been going on for, and I cannot imagine of several additional changes to my system or network than what I listed. As for defragmentation: My hard drives are programmed to do this every day, so they be supposed to previously be optimized in that aspect.

A hard drives accumulation might be accomplished of 3Gbit/s, but the disks themselves would not be even close, perhaps 1/3 of that at most excellent ~100MB/s, and that the entire chronological, which BT is not. diskio.no_zero set to true. Are you scanning for viruses and defragmenting and eliminating archives in the background at the similar time when you get the 100% overload. Encompass you specified an accumulation of say 1000MB physically and tried by means of that. (You do contain the RAM for that and much additional).