Thread: Utorrent is not able to utilze full bandwidth

Utorrent is not able to utilze full bandwidth

I am using uTorrent for downloading files. That is my question I had enabled two downloads with BitTorrent. A first is of 2.5 GB in 56 files which is now at 0.9% of completion and the other one is 4.4 GB in 97 files which is 0.5% complete. Now I have broadband internet connection of 2 mbps. The first file of 2.5 GB some time shows the download range from 60 to 0 kbps and the other 4.4 GB shows ranges from 40 to 10 KB / s. It has taken a long time now for downloading. Why this is not using my full bandwidth.

Re: Utorrent is not able to utilze full bandwidth

I am using Windows XP Home SP2. I am using Bittorret here. The issue occurred to me some time before and the reason behind that was Windows Firewall. It can be also due to your antivirus firewall. Go and check in the Windows firewall that BitTorrent is accepted by it or not. Means the torrent application is added under exception or not. Open a port for the software for direct access and get a faster speed.

The problem can be due to Internet Network. Did you check the open ports proper and are you connected to the tracker. I advise you to first check if the port option in bittorrent. Open it up and then assign a port for the same. I suppose your freebox is in router mode. If so you go to your console and you open the ports necessary to your application. The default ports are TCP ports 6881-6889.

Torrent Finder Widget is an interesting tool designed to accelerate file searches. The torrent files are used by clients of P2P networks to distribute and download content in different formats. With a file. Torrent, you can download CD / DVD images, movies anything you want. To search and download these files, you can use Torrent Finder Widget. This is a Yahoo application and work well on P2P network.

Yes I will to go with this widget. It can be possible that you torrent files in not having proper seeders due to which you are getting limited seeds. Search for more similar torrent files and update your seeders. If you use a NAT, make sure the BitTorrent ports are forwarded to the computer where your BitTorrent client rolls that are allowed inbound connections from peers. Otherwise, only outbound connections will be released. See ports used by BitTorrent.

If you use a software firewall, make sure your BitTorrent client has the appropriate access permissions. In some cases, it will define the port TCP incoming and outgoing used by your BitTorrent client. Also check the status of the stream to ensure that others are also connected to the swarm. To get an acceptable speed, the swarm of a torrent to be composed of at least a few people connected to each other. The more peers, plus the transfer is fast.

Sometimes limiting the upload of the torrent in proportional to that download improves your downloading speed. This applies especially for asymmetric connections such as ADSL and cable, where the outgoing bandwidth much smaller than that between, hence high water flows download and upload lowest. This is for the very nature of TCP / IP where each packet received must be confirmed by a small outbound packet.