Thread: Varying download speed on Torrent

Varying download speed on Torrent

I have a 4 mbps line connection which is limited to some time. I may need to give up this connection in next 15 days. I have also electricity issue in my area where there is no power for some 12 hours. So I only got 12 hours to download maximum. I had kept on 250GB downloads and I am getting speed below 100. My expectations were more than 300 kbps. The speed some time touch 250 kbps but then again goes down. Does using a download manager will be better in this case.

Re: Varying download speed on Torrent

For that you must choose the best torrent site which gives you the most recent links. You can sign up membership for that which can provide you over 1500 k / s. It has a good tracker and that high-quality. A download manager is not a P2P client, you can not use DAP for the streams. For torrents, I suggest you use utorrent and that must be the latest version. Or else you can go for Azureus and BitComet.

The speed depends on the sources of those who shares the file with you. Go to Tools > Preferences > Bitorrent > Protocol Encryption and set the property to Enabled. If you want it possible to set limits on the speed of downloads. That works inReception = All your bandwidth way and the the default value suggested is 1 / 3. Just with the new version of Free Download Manager it possible to download torrents also.

When I download on my μtorrent receiving speed is around 100kb/s. It does not goes up. I am careful to choose a number of torrents with proper seeders. I had upgraded my broadband line also but still the same is limited. Is there way to speed up. I am basically looking for some plugin which can give up a good speed and that too at a stable rate not on fluctuation.

There is a way to increase simultaneous downloads in Windows XP . This trick enables us to download more files at the same time increasing the number of HTTP sessions allowed on a single server. Indeed, to meet the specifications of HTTP 1.1 which is limited to 2 connections and HTTP 1.0 which is limited to 4, Windows default limit the number of connections and therefore simultaneous downloads on the same server.

I am using Vuze in my system. Before that I begin by taking Utorrent 1.8.2. This program consists of a single compressed file. It was created with the idea of encoding the bittorrent client using the least system resources as possible, while offering the most other features called bittorrent client like BitComet and Azureus. And looks as how many seeders on the torrent and leechers od you got. The rule is simple the more seeders and leechers the more faster speed.

Go check your speed and Downstream Upstream. What I seek is an option to give all my internet access to my download instead it is divided so that I could keep going on the net at the same time. I do not know how to change the port but the site of my provider gives a stat of 600k / s so I think that this changes something. But this is when even 10 times higher than what I have in my downloads.