Thread: Facebook login page is missing graphics, pictures, etc

Facebook login page is missing graphics, pictures, etc

An unusual situation has struck my system while trying to login into Facebook. The problem is that the Facebook login page is missing graphics, pictures, etc. Another issue is that when I press the login button after entering the login id and password, I just keep getting the status as loading. This means that I never get into my account. Does anyone know why this problem is happening? If yes, kindly help me with all possible solutions to solve this issue. I am using Windows 7 along with Internet Explorer 8.

Re: Facebook login page is missing graphics, pictures, etc

I suppose that Facebook login page is missing graphics, pictures, etc. because there is some problem with the browser that you are using. Are you facing this issue with just FB or any other sites? Many of the users are facing this issue with IE. Well, it is recommended that you switch to some other browser like Mozilla Firefox or Opera 10 and then, try loading the page. I hope that the situation will be eradicated.

It seems that the required plugins like java, flash, shockwave players and so on are not installed in your system. This is the reason why Facebook login page is missing graphics, pictures, etc. Infact, Facebook displays a message everytime, when such plugins are not installed. Check out loading the page of Facebook after the plugins are installed. Just let me know if the issues are solved or not after that.

According to me, you may have installed some add-ons that is conflicting the browser with the website. Because of this, the Facebook login page is missing graphics, pictures, etc. The solution that can be tried out in this situation is to find out which particular add-on is causing the problem. You will have to remove them one after the other and then, try loading the page. Get rid of the add-on that is causing this problem.

I was facing the same problem as the Facebook login page is missing graphics, pictures, etc. Now, I found the solution provided by Jackson2. I changed my browser to Mozilla Firefox and I was able to load the page successfully. Also, I was able to login into my account after a long time. If you cannot login in your account even after changing the browser, then contact the officials of FB and mention your problems to them.

There were many add-ons installed with my browser that was leading to the problem that Facebook login page is missing graphics, pictures, etc. I removed all these add-ons and then, opened Facebook. To my surprise, everything was working perfectly fine. So, the issues were related to the add-ons. Well, thank you for all the solutions that you guys provided.

Has this been solved?

I am having this problem on the computers in my home. When I log my laptop onto any other network (at work, for example), I can get into Facebook just fine. The issue only appears on Facebook and no other pages that I have found. Also, it occurs on IE7 and FireFox. Help!

This happens due to the missing plugins or addons that are required in order to work out for the same to process. In order to get it functioned you need to check out the plugins that is install latest flash player and java plugins. I hope this will then let you to get to a better conclusion. So check out.

Thank you for the reply. Here is some more information:

1. All plug-ins and add-ons are up to date
    2. I am on a different network now with the same laptop that did NOT work last night and Facebook loads perfectly
    3. Changing the URL to HTTPS://www.facebook.com (making it a secured http URL) allows the initial load of Facebook for the most part, but clicking on any subsequent links within Facebook requires me to change the URL again to a secured one and then reloading

I have seen other posts out there on different forums and blogs that show this is not an isolated issue. Could it be something with my router or ISP? Why does https work and not http? This one has me stumped!

I would say uninstall and reinstall your browsers first or clear all the cache, history, and everything that you could from the browser options. Have you tried using Opera browser and checking whether you get the same issues? Have you checked on facebook settings whether you have enabled something called low page viewing options, if so then try to disable it. If it is a problem with the ip then try flushing it by going into command prompt and then typing - ipconfig/flushdns.

I have done all except using Opera. I still cannot get it to work at home. To re-confirm, I have brought my laptop back into work and I can get into Facebook with no issues from both a DSL line in our computer lab and through our standard firewalled network.

Hi Keslaa,

So did you try opening facebook with opera browser, what was the result? Which Internet Service Provider are you using? Can you check by connecting any other pcs/laptops to the same isp network and reconfirming the issue that is going around with Facebook pages? Have you notified your service providers about this issue, what did that have to say?

OK. I was finally able to figure it out. We use OpenDNS at home and a site that FaceBook uses to load the .CSS files was inadvertantly blocked. I removed the block and now it works. Thanks for the help and suggestions!