Thread: By restart uTorrent it appends !ut

By restart uTorrent it appends !ut

A serious problem has struck my torrent application. The situation is that by restart uTorrent it appends !ut. Actually, after I complete any downloads, I close uTorrent. After that, I start uTorrent again. At this time, the files that have been completely downloaded, get the extension of !ut with their name. Why is this happening? All possible replies and suggestions on this topic are very much appreciated. My computer is running Windows Vista.

Re: By restart uTorrent it appends !ut

There is a possibility that the particular torrent application that you are using must have been affected by some infection. This is why by restart uTorrent it appends !ut. To solve this issue, you need to uninstall this application completely. Make sure that you get rid of all the traces of the same.

After that, run a well updated antivirus. The database of the antivirus must be up-to-date, so that the signatures of all the new infections will be added into it. Run a full system scan and get rid of all the infections that are detected during the same.

If you are trying to remove the infections from your system, then make sure that you do a boot scan. As all the antivirus do not provide this feature, you will have to install Quick Heal antivirus. The boot scan will be started after the system is restarted. Before the operating system is loaded, the scan will be going on. All the infections remain inactive at this time and because of this, it is very simple to remove all sorts of infections.

There is no need to worry if you are facing the problem that by restart uTorrent it appends !ut. I have fixed this issue in my system with the help of Force Recheck. You will have to go about using this option, when the torrent application is started. You have mentioned that you close the application after any downloads. So, when you restart uTorrent, at this time, the Force Recheck has to be done.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

I have downloaded a new copy of this application, but is it having the same issue that by restart uTorrent it appends !ut. So, that was not the solution. Then, as there was a suggestion of the force recheck, I tried out the same. To my surprise, this solution helped me to get rid of this particular that I was facing. Thanks for all the help that you guys have provided.