Thread: No seeding after download in uTorrent

No seeding after download in uTorrent

I have done a recent upgradation of the operating system from Windows Vista to Windows 7. Well, I am facing a problem when I am using the torrent application for downloads and uploads. The issue is that there are no seeding after download in uTorrent. I am not able to understand why this is happening. Well, there are no other issues with uTorrent. All the downloads and uploads are going on fine. I just need to know how to get rid of this seeding issue that I am facing. Kindly provide some help soon.

Re: No seeding after download in uTorrent

I think that the problem that there are no seeding after download in uTorrent has been already solved on our forums. Just have a look at the following thread to get the solution for the same:
    uTorrent suddenly not seeding any torrents
    If you are not able to get the proper solutions from the above thread, then just let me know about it, so that I can provide you some other suggestion to fix the problem.

You have mentioned that you are using the Windows 7 operating system. You must be knowing that some of the applications and programs that work properly in the older versions of Windows operating systems have such issues in Windows 7. So, the problem with uTorrent can be that this particular seeding feature may not be supported. Try using the compatibility mode to resolve this issue.

If the situation of no seeding after download in uTorrent is being caused because there is an incompatibility problem between the operating system and the torrent application, then it can be solved with the compatibility tool for this particular application. Actually, such tools are given to all those applications and programs that are facing such incompatibility problems.

So, you will have to check out if such a tool is available for uTorrent. If you can get the same, then install it before the torrent application is installed in the system.

The operating system may be blocking the feature of uTorrent and due to that you are facing the situation that there are no seeding after download in uTorrent. Anyways, there is a simple solution that can be used. Right-click on the icon of this application and select the option for "run as administrator". This option will force the application to run with all its features. I hope that the situation will be eradicated with the help of this method.

So, there may a problem with the copy of the torrent application because of which there are no seeding after download in uTorrent. I have not downloaded a new copy of the application. I will get the same today and let you guys know whether my situation has been eradicated or not. Anyways, thanks for all the suggestions and solutions that you have given.