Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 24-06-2010

On reopening a draft, the From address gets changed

I have SeaMonkey 2.0.3 installed on Windows XP computer. I use it for my emails but recently discovered some bug with it when reopening a draft. It always shows some changes in the From address. Most of the time it displays wrong FROM email address and so the mail that I am forwarding falls under the SENT box of wrong email account. This appears more often if the draft is in IMAP account. What could be the reason behind this kind of behaviour?
Old 24-06-2010

Re: On reopening a draft, the From address gets changed

Do you access your emails from several places? Is your message having this kind of behaviour intended to another email account? Have you ordered your accounts at all the places from where you access it? Did you checked the X identity key: header of the drafts; it determines which email address to use.
Old 24-06-2010

Yeah I access my emails from my home as well as when I am at work. This doesn't happen to be occurring at my home, its just the office from where I have noticed this problem. I have different X identity key at both the places. There is also no changes in the To address to whom I want to send the message. I have also tried to update it in office and installed 2.0.4 but that too didn't solved the issue. I have also noticed the FCC header in almost all the message having the issue.
Old 24-06-2010

What is the FCC header pointing to? Is it directing towards another account? Do you have some similar identities for any of the account on either side of the email client (at home or office). It is always recommended to have different identities for each account that you create irrespective from where you create it. It may happen that you have created one from office, given a unique identity but at the same time created a new account from home and used the same identity for simplicity.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , , ,