Thread: Download speed decreased from 4MB/s speeds to 30KB /s in uTorrent

Satyrs Guest

Download speed decreased from 4MB/s speeds to 30KB /s in uTorrent

From past few days the uTorrent on the computer is not working properly. Earlier I used to download files at a speed of 4Mb/s but now the download speed does not increase above 30kb/s. Also the upload speed on the uTorrent is less than 2 kb/s. I am not able to figure out what is causing such problem and hence need your help in solving the issue. Please suggest some solutions which will help in solving the issue.

Re: Download speed decreased from 4MB/s speeds to 30KB /s in uTorrent

It is possible that the torrent file which you are using for downloading must be having less number of seeds and peers due to which the download speed is very low. The download speed will also reduce if the peers and seeds are slow. Therefore I will suggest try downloading some different file and check the download speed on uTorrent.

Have you updated the version of uTorrent installed on the computer? The uTorrent application gets updated automatically if the automatic update option is selected. When the application gets updated automatically, the configuration of the application changes. Hence you will have to configure the application again and check if there is any improvement in download or upload speed.

Is the firewall installed on the computer blocking the traffic generated by the uTorrent? Firewall and all the security softwares which are installed on the computer block the unknown traffic coming on the computer. Open the firewall settings and then add the uTorrent application to the trusted application list of firewall and see if the upload and download speed increases. You can disable the firewall and check the improvement in speed

Nowadays all the ISP's block all the traffic generated by the torrent files. ISP's cap the download speed of the torrent files for implementing the fair usage policy in the computer. Therefore you contact the ISP and check if the download speed for the torrent is limited or not. If the ISP has limited the connection, there is nothing much you can do about it.

Satyrs Guest

As suggested I contacted the ISP and found out that the torrent files are capped and hence the download speed has been decreased. Earlier the download speed of the torrent was not limited and hence I was getting speed greater than 4mb/s. I hope the limit from the download speed will be removed as soon as possible.