Thread: How to increase upload speed greater than 200 MBits in uTorrent?

How to increase upload speed greater than 200 MBits in uTorrent?

Hello there, I am facing some problems with the uTorrent installed on my computer. While uploading the files using uTorrent, the upload speed does not increase above 200Mbit/s. The same file when I upload on LAN, I achieve a full gigabit transfer speed. Hence I want to know how to increase upload speed greater than 200Mbits on uTorrent? Any help regarding this issue is more than welcome. Please share some solutions which might help me in solving the issue.

Re: How to increase upload speed greater than 200 MBits in uTorrent?

File transfer speed on Local Area network will be higher than the transfer speed on torrent and hence it is easy to achieve greater upload speed on LAN rather than uTorrent. The data transfer on LAN is sequential and hence transfer speed is higher. So I am afraid that there is no way in which the upload speed on uTorrent will be higher than 200mbits.

In order to get the required upload speed on the torrents, you will have to configure the uTorrent properly. The proper configuration for uTorrent will be available on the official website of uTorrent. Configure the application as per the settings provided in the file and then see if the upload speed increases in utorrent.

First of all check if the upload speed is not limited on the uTorrent. There is a feature in uTorrent which will enables the user to limit the upload speed of the file on uTorrent. If the upload speed is limited on uTorrent, then the upload speed will not increase above the limit which has been set. Go to preferences of uTorrent and then remove the limit on the upload speed. Once the limit is removed, the upload speed will increase.

The upload speed of the file on uTorrent depends critically on the connection speed which is being used. There is a certain value of upload speed which cannot be increased further due to the limitation provided by the speed of connection. I will suggest that you check the speed of connection by running the online tests on the websites like speedtest.net and check the results.

Try disabling the following features on uTorrent and see if it helps :-
    1. UPnP
    2. NAT-PMP,
    3. IP resolution
    4. DHT
    5. Local Peer Discovery,
    6. uTP,
    7. Teredo/IPv6.
      After disabling all the mentioned features, check the performance of uTorrent. The upload speed will increase hopefully.