Thread: uTorrent kills internet on PC, but connection is ok on other computers

uTorrent kills internet on PC, but connection is ok on other computers

I am facing a very weird problem with the uTorrent installed on the computer. I have a desktop computer installed with Windows XP on it. I installed uTorrent on the computer and after installing the application, internet connection is not working on the computer. All the other computers can connect to Internet without any problems. I am not able to figure out what is causing such problem and hence need your help. Please suggest some solutions for solving the issue.

Re: uTorrent kills internet on PC, but connection is ok on other computers

Scan the system with some updated antivirus and see if there are any files which are infected. Some virus's have the tendency of taking up all the resources of the network and can be the reason for no internet connectivity on the computer. Hence I will suggest that you check the Internet connectivity on the computer after repairing the files which are infected.

Firewalls installed on the computer can lead to such problems. Firewalls if not configured properly will block all the traffic which is desired by the user. So if there is any firewall installed on the computer, open it and check the preferences of the firewall. To check the internet connectivity, disable the firewall fully and see if the problem persists.

According to me the problem is with the network configuration on the computer due to which the Internet connection is not working on the computer. So open the network connection on the computer and see if all the settings are proper. Make any necessary changes and save the settings. Reboot the computer and see if the Internet connection is working on the computer or not.

The problem which you are facing is due to the duplication of the processes of uTorrent on the computer. Open the task manager and go to processes tab. Locate the process of uTorrent and terminate all the processes related to it. After terminating all the processes of uTorrent, see if the Internet is working properly.

Yes indeed the process of the browsers were getting the duplicated which were taking up all the bandwidth of the computer. I terminated all the processes of Mozilla firefox from the task manager and it really improved the Internet connectivity on the computer. Now I able to access Internet on the computer when uTorrent is used.