Thread: Very slow download speed on uTorrent.

Very slow download speed on uTorrent.

I have utorrent on my laptop and on the PC in the house the download speed is good, but on my laptop, it runs at 10 kb per second, how to go faster than I am currently getting is there any need to configure some port if yes then which port? I am with the wifi of the house and using the same thing on my laptop but then also I am getting very slow download speed on uTorrent. Any related reply will be appreciated.

Re: Very slow download speed on uTorrent.

For giving the perfect solution I need more information on the ISP, modem type or box, firewall on your system. In fact you will have to open two ports on your router or modem, a PC for the home and one for your notebook. You have to open the port on the pc, but I am not having the exact idea how it is done and you will also need to configure some firewall setting on your laptop for smooth working of uTorrent.

If you got the Livebox in the Orange status then, to open a port on your livebox, then You go into the management page of your LB http://192.168.1.1/ (typing this in your web browser) Login / Password: admin Default 2x You go on the tab "LAN servers" Then you create two rules (TCP & UDP) for uTorrent as I did on my ds the image link above. You forget NOT to put your local IP No computer (look in the taskbar in Vista, click on your connection and displays the status, acc is 192.168.1.10 or .11 etc). For Ir port, take a> 10000 (54972 for example). You fill in uT, sat Config (ctrl + g) with the correct settings for your DSL connection ie UPLOAD SPEED MAXI given in kbit / s (do a test on the web if you know it). Then you go to the preferences uT (ctrl + p): Preferences> Connection, you uncheck "UPnP port mapping" and "random port every Dem." UT you checking that should carry the proper port did you open your DS LB.

If you have created an exception in your firewall uTorrent, then you will have msg errors in status tracker torrents Do you have the green icon in the bottom uT? I will advise you to know your speed UPLOAD Max (Kbps) with a test and complete the Configuration Wizard of uT following values. If you have Java on your machine, a good test is that of Ariase

If I am unlocking the firewall utorrent in vista. An error message will be displayed the green icon is very rarely put for the speed I normally limited to 18 mega. I have observed at many places that when I test the port number it gives me invalid port 86.XXX.XXX.XX on address and not address 1.92.XX etc. AC is what can come of this?

It is really necessary to have the green icon permanently. But with Vista FW and the Livebox, it is easy to configure and uT make it work easily. Your address seen by the port test is that of your ISP. In short you have to do a speed test to determine your max upload and check that Windows Defender is not blocking uTorrent. In my opinion, I think it lacks a rule in the FW in Vista.