Thread: Port is not open (you are still able to download)

Port is not open (you are still able to download)

I reinstalled utorrent recently. I opened ports on my modem (port 6881 - 13081-53819, TCP and UDP), in order to change and see if something changed. the problem is that during testing on utorrent port opening, he told me that my ports are not open. Better, in the case of the port 6881, a sudden he tells me it is ok, and 1 hour later, it told me that the port is not open. Someone has an idea of where this problem may be? I hope to clear enough, just ask me if you want to more information on this thank you in advance!

Re: Port is not open (you are still able to download)

Formerly i too had this problem but now I think I have partly solved the problem, I had not put the correct ip address ... the fact remains that it does not work much better, my download are very very long. I'm not unbundled, I understand that people are playing, but what bothers me is that it worked before, it was not that long.

I would suggest you to use Cryptocloud which is often considered a benchmark VPN, VPN's blog had to test it. Cryptocloud accepting P2P configuration not being simple. Most VPN vendors who accepts the torrent and P2P networks provide a dedicated port. In the case of Cryptocloud must find. he UDP is a connection port used by fast Kad. As for the TCP (the network used by emule and torrent) it controls the information that passes via the Internet Protocol (IP). The UDP meanwhile does not control, and is most often used when small amounts of data must be transferred as soon as possible. There is no flow control nor congestion control. TCP is more stable.
    Last edited by Transporter; 24-06-2010 at 06:48 AM.

The connection port is allocated randomly to prevent problems with your ISP. Simply, make sure the same port is open on the firewall of your router. For your own computer, UPnP and NAT-PMP should take care of everything to optimize your local network and your router. Do not allow changing the port each launch. That would put a black swarm in the config of the router and firewalls. If possible, use no proxy (this is expensive in performance and P2P-over-Proxy is not necessarily accepted by your ISP - read your contract).

If you do not want to dedicate the bandwidth ascending to serve too many P2P clients at once. 6 is good. If there is one or two lying around, the other 4 have more opportunities. Thus, the computer sends data as fast as possible without losing too much time in negotiations (for the most part, it "made the tail" rather than "the door is open").

On my router freebox, the UPnP is not activated so it's not here. This is probably your firewall of your windows Seven: Have you looked at your exceptions And tried to free UPnP Framework. Otherwise this firewall, adds authorization TCP port (2869) and UDP (1900). I wonder if software is compatible Seven.