Thread: Downloading taking too much time in uTorrent

Downloading taking too much time in uTorrent

I have a problem since last week. I use "Free" as ISP and recently I configure the router mode and mode wi-fi for the Play Station 3. The problem is that the download on uTorrent and super long. In uTorrent, normally the lower triangle is green, since last week the triangle is orange. I'm sure the problem is that, but I do not know how to fix.!! So thought that you guys can provide some help for me.!!

Re: Downloading taking too much time in uTorrent

Configure your client Utorrent Start by opening utorrent, double clicking on the icon of utorrent shortcut located on the desktop, then go to the top of the window "Options", then "Preferences" Click "General" in the left column, to resolve "General Preferences", as explained below.

Preferences Generate. First you need to force the translation of utorrent. To do this, click the three small dot to cause the opening of the following web page on which you will download the file for translation.

Short version: Save your work in the utorrent folder next to the file "utorrent.exe" (see image below), then paste the next utorrent.exe file located in the ProgramFiles folder of utorrent which is installed uTorrent. (Attention regardless of the icon representing the file utorrent.lng, you have nothing else to do than paste that file to the place I told you, do not unzip into believing that a archive because it is represented by an icon archive).

Choose a port between 49,000 and 49,990 (It is recommended to use a port number included in this range to optimize the trade). Inclusion of this port number indicates that utorrent a door is open for its access to the internet through the firewall (Windows firewall, Zone Alarm, mcafee ...), and the router (modem, box ...). Of course, it is also necessary that these ports are actually open on your router and your firewall. Logically entering a port number, and taking care to check the option "Enable UPnP port mapping" and mapping NAT-PMP port, opening the ports for utorrent should be done automatically.

The UPnP and NAT-PMP mapping makes it possible to automatically open ports on the router and firewall, needed to communicate with the Net of Utorrent. It's very handy because it avoids doing it manually. But with certain firewalls or routers old, this option is not available, check in utorrent and have no effect. You can find out, once the adjustments are completed, or if the ports are not open, and that utorrent can not access to it.

Configure a static IP address manually open ports & A - Verification of opening ports Just check in the main window of utorrent, and more specifically the bottom of it, there is a small round Green with a "v" inside, like the picture I left. Attention, following the opening of μtorrent, it may take 2 minutes before the green circle appears.

If the famous Green v mark does not appear, then you must follow these steps: 1. open firewall ports (these are open if you accept the message from your firewall asking to allow the application utorrent to access the internet). So, a priori, no problem, you must have the habit of allowing your applications when Windows firewall or another interrogation. 2. configure a static IP address (static) for your computer 3. open ports on the router (modem box ...) if the "V" inside a green circle is still not set after a fixed IP. Stage 1 (for firewall) that does not pose a problem, we pass directly to Step 2 and 3 Step 2: Configure an address.