Thread: Feature Request regarding DHT and PEX in uTorrent.

Feature Request regarding DHT and PEX in uTorrent.

I will like to keep DHT and PEX not enabled by default; however the tiny box that can be checked at the time of starting torrent and it is displayed something like this “Enable DHT and PEX for this torrent”. It will be really helpful option for me. I know that it is of high priority, I am using this but it will better it can be straight forward. I know that the developers have to work more for this but if it can be done it will be good. In short I am having feature request regarding DHT and PEX in uTorrent.

Re: Feature Request regarding DHT and PEX in uTorrent.

Without using the global DHT, for each torrent DHT will not work all the time. This the thing that is required to be considered. As far as I know it is impossible to keep global DHT active, but you can disable it on the entire torrents if you select it on startup. This something like going backwards in the way of achieving the goal.

The edonkeyserver2 was impossible to take into account because it filters dedibox ip ranges. We had to divert the verification process via a dynamic ip to gauge correctly. The coup, the figures took 8-900 000 usr suddenly. In fact, this points to the fact that we are in our super minimalist chiffres. It provides a 'minimum' realistic, but should multiply by 3-5 to obtain figures close to reality.

You are trying to say, many clients are connected to servers doubtful falsifying their statements, added to those that are exclusively kad, it makes a lot of people that see it. But anyone can even be based on 2 to 3 million users connected to servers to assess trends in their entirety emuliennes and for us, there is a real decline in the use of emule, about 10-15% from 3-6 month. This is hardly surprising considering the current context.

One thing I do not understand: you speak of x2 or 3 to include users of Kad. I do not understand what makes you say that users Kad are that much. In my stats, I have things like 80% ed2k, kad 90%, 75% ed2k/Kad. That means that about 100 contacts, 80 use ed2k, Kad use 90 and 75 use 2. The only ones you cannot see which are the 15% who only use Kad. Or st x2 or 3 of which you speak?

Interesting idea, which could lead to a significant initiative? In the absence of publication. At least the servers peer rates, peer booter (which filter a lot already) and the 3 or 4 others, could not be returning these peers when starting research on these servers? Or to use the clever idea of Kraftonz: Could not do, a greater chance to query by IP in 1500 with 5 good, for the pif file called?

I think, reading that edonkeyno2 filters Seedbox: So that list should be available quite Seedbox facillement, and it could be added to the ipfiltre. The pb is a Seedbox, a priori, that seeds, and from that point of view, some may find it a shame to pass. As a Seedbox is made for seeder and nothing else, it is very useful when it seeds, but it did not intend to download it and that more importantly, Seedboxes seedent who are not dedicated to espionage boxes of uploads of others, why not a IPfilter reserved for uploads?