Thread: Increasing uTorrent speed on LAN.

Increasing uTorrent speed on LAN.

It will be better if uTorrent can provide an option for helping in automatically downloading other people that are connected in the same LAN. I mean if one want to download the file, then utorrent should automatically retrieve the file from the file present in LAN. This will be very helpful for unlimited internet traffic user with the specific bandwidth for working together. In short I want to know the method for increasing uTorrent speed on LAN.

Re: Increasing uTorrent speed on LAN.

Nice thought but the thing is that it will not be that helpful because in most of the case the LAN users are having the same internet connection. The thing that you want to achieve can be done through use of local retracker at the time you need. One more there is a feature that will provide the information related to what your peers are downloading.

Are you using the skype or not because you can find the same functionality in skype, I mean if you are in LAN, and there if one computer is connected to internet connection. Then Skype the instance on the other machines and your machine will start to communicate. You can also connect to Skype network even if you are not having any net connection.

Maximum number of internet provider in my country is only having two options. The first option they are having is with limited in combination with the unlimited traffic, in this case user have to pay for the bandwidth. The other option that is provided is with the unlimited speed in accordance with the limited traffic, in this case we have to pay for traffic. Hence in the case of limited internet speed this option can be helpful.

According to me two machines will download faster compared to the downloading through single machine. I think this can be request for getting multiple computers in same network for increasing their download speed. But thing is that it will really hard to do, because of the technical aspects, I mean how the local peers will collaborate on which peer grabs which parts of the file in the torrent.

I have download utorrent on Mac so you can download a torrent file. So I set my torrent to download and start its gone super fast. I easily 170kb download and upload virtually anything. But 45 minutes later, quite the opposite. ! I turned around to 5kb of 25kb download and upload. In an attempt to accelerate the process, I put the limit to 5kb upload and download of the highest. But good for downloads is not too I only turn to 15kb now. Can you please explain how to increase my reception because it's really great and I speed up my slow download because the file I download is 4.7GB?

You would need to see a tutorial on how to start the P2P and torrents in particular (seeders, leechers etc.). You will get the answer for your problem for a tutorial on utorrent for example, and it's not complicated to implement. Even if you put your upload to lowest necessarily your download will not be high. Since P2P is supposed to be community-sharing site. Just for the download speed, it depends on your line, those in which you upload, if where you took your link is public or private, etc.