Thread: utorrent stops downloading files with RED X mark

utorrent stops downloading files with RED X mark

Hello, I have a problem. half of my torrent stops at 99%. with the red X mark. I'm trying everything that does not finish this is really screwing my nuts because after waiting for long hours of download when the file download stops at 99%. This really annoys me a lot so is there a way to restart thsi download once again.

Re: utorrent stops downloading files with RED X mark

Well, will try to help you since I went looking about you because I had the same problem, but in fact, It looked weird and frustrating, and hence i stopped downloading, then you're doing manual hash check in. Anyways, I am in Bitcomet, it was working, I was 4 download blocks, all more or less near to 98 or 99.6%, and I got the similar problem for each and every download, and now they are all over. Hoping to help thee, if you get a solution please let me know.

Follow the steps described below:
    1. Firstly, to change the download site to download a uTorrent middle of a download, you have to stop downloading, otherwise it gives you an error message that files are being use..
    2. Okay, now it has stopped, we can say uTorrent a new location for what we want to continue downloading the torrent. To do this, click the right mouse button and choose Options and select Set Download Site.
    3. Go ahead and use the new download site and click Save (do not change the file name).
    4. Now that the new location is defined, you need to move half of the downloaded files from the old location to the new location that you just put in uTorrent.
    5. Now that the files have been moved, you need to start the download. UTorrent recognizes that the files are now in this new directory and check the scan files themselves.

Most probably this is happening because the torrent file that you r trying to download corrupted. In this situation i would suggest you to go for a new link. This new link will definitely help you to get rid of this situation. Finally if the problem persists still a re-installation would be good. Hope this will resolve the issue.

If you download lots of software, movies, and other unlawful things uTorrent, you may run into this problem once or twice, you start to download a huge, say 24 seasons 1-5, which is an enormous 60 GB and you know it will take at least two weeks for every download. In fact, you can move a uTorrent download in the middle of a download by following the steps listed below. And yes, I thought this because I download something big!

Depending on your Internet usage You may or may not use a program like this one because it would hog bandwidth and may slow down other users of Internet connection that shares the same connection. Be sure to check with your system administrator in your desktop (depending on your organization or power structure) first before using software.

Certain to be careful here is the level of priority (first or last priority - reflects high or low priority), the "Search for files mirrors" which is very useful to download popular files mirrored on several servers such as Linux distributions, and "Open this file when done, which does what he said - if you download a music file, it will automatically right after the download.