Thread: Allocate more bandwidth in uTorrent

Allocate more bandwidth in uTorrent

Is there is any way to allocate more bandwidth in uTorrent. I have checked the add more setting for bandwidth allocation menu. The normal setting given there is for low, medium, and high. It will be better to have some setting like very low or the setting for download as per the seed. Or increase download rate if specific download is finished.

Re: Allocate more bandwidth in uTorrent

Well you can alter the upload the slots and can also alter the upload speed limit, per torrent for achieving but it will exceptionally create the similar effect. But this solution will not be useful you are having more than six downloads in the queue. Basically if you are seeding the large torrent file and if you are activating all of these then the bandwidth will be divided as per the seeders and lechers.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

When using eMule I have no worries, I open firefox I am on the net a little slower but hey, I navigate easily. When using uTorrent, if I open a window firefox does not load the uTorrent continuous download but everything will be connected to Internet by utorrent not working. It seems that uTorrent is monopolizing the connection. Someone knows how to fix this problem?

When I use uTorrent I look at the Download speeds and upload and if it rises above 30-40kb/sec I select all and I put in low bandwidth allocation and after it works. This is normal, it's up to you what you want to allocate bandwidth to the software, otherwise it will default the whole band and not allow you to surf more appropriately.

I am downloading the file using bittorent, hence I am thinking of configuring the livebox for increasing the downloading speed. For that there is a need to open the ports. There are some people those work with bittorrent without opening the port with livebox. Well for this you just need go to display > preferences> network then it will give the number of port.

For doing the setting that you need you just have to double click on the icon of the livebox which is on the desktop, then you can make configuration access ADSL, then you do admin password you click on Configuration> Advanced> Router> add you do you return bittorent figures bittorent ports do not forget to submit to the gateway of the livebox.

It may be better but know that you are much more vulnerable to viruses. I also tried it with my livebox and realizing that I was receiving an attack every 5 minutes I immediately closed the ports. In fact you have to have an interregional rather good anti-virus if your PC does not take a few days. This may depend on the speed of your connection and then obviously you must allocate at least 80-90% of your bandwidth. I downloaded bittorrent DNA (apparently it will download faster) but from what I saw, some users consider it spyware.