Thread: Does Torrent allows changing of file name

Does Torrent allows changing of file name

I am using utorrent to download files from internet. Here my friend has added up some videos on torrent in a sequence of 5mb each so that it can be easier to get that. Now he has randomly named them. I had added them all to the utorrent and it is jumble up while downloading. I am not getting them in sequence. Is there a way by which you can rename files in utorrent. If not then what can be other alternative.

Re: Does Torrent allows changing of file name

It is really a nice option but I don't think it is provided in utorrent. The same is not possible. First of it does not allows that but if still you can do that then your downloading will stop. Azureus is a bittorent client which offers you this feature. You can rename the files while downloading and there is no issue to the downloading also. The second thing you can try a any renamer for the same.

I use Microsoft Picture Manager for renaming the files. I had downloaded some 500 photos from torrent. Now to rename all in sequence like Photo 1, Photo 2, etc just open up Microsoft Picture Manager and change the view. Then select all the images and on then click on Edit > Rename. Then provide a sequence name like Photo and the number it adds up automatically.

It is not possible in torrent. I don't think any application provide that same. But later on for renaming bulk file you can use Turbo File Renamer. It is a simple tool that allows you to rename multiple files simultaneously and folders. The application offers several features for handling files replacing a text by another, changing the case of text, remove spaces, change the file extension, removing tags from music files, etc.

I also use Turbo File Renamer for renaming my audio files. It also facilitates the organization of your photos and audio files by moving them into the proper files automatically. I am using Bittorent to download audio files. They comes on the base of name or any number assigned to them. But only after downloading I can rename them and if I do that in between then there is a error.

Try File Renamer Basic which is a powerful utility for renaming multiple files and folders. It has Many filters and rules can be applied. A multitude of folders and subfolders can be treated at once. The program supports reading and editing audio tags ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags. I found his tool as the most basic and easy to use one. Just try thi out and then check once all your files.

I am using File Renamer Deluxe by choosing the files you can rename it and then you can choose from a wide range of editing filters that allow you to include insert text, remove blank space in a file name, change the extension to uppercase or lowercase, etc. There are some filters options which gives you better sorting and renaming files.A second series of advanced filters you allow editing, among others, rename files based on lists, change the dates and times, change the attributes of a file, etc