Thread: utorrent 2.0.2 much slower than 1.8.5 version is it true

utorrent 2.0.2 much slower than 1.8.5 version is it true

I have been using a dell inspiron desktop installed with windows 7. Also i have been using the Utorrent application for downloading sometimes. I have been using the utorrent 1.8.5 but now i am plannig to install the utorrent 2.0.2. But i have heard that the uTorrent 2.0.2 much slower than 1.8.5 version is it true can anyone help me please

Re: utorrent 2.0.2 much slower than 1.8.5 version is it true

uTorrent 1.8.5 P2P client is compatible with the protocol BitTorrent, "download" peer to peer protocol scheme most popular distribution of Broadband. This program is very lightweight and easy to use. Through a very easy interface, you can open the download link and refine some of the parameters that determine the bandwidth priorities:, scheduling downloads, RSS, and can automatically download and start downloading DHT. Where as the newer version of utorrent lacks some of this feature.
    Last edited by Wiro; 24-06-2010 at 03:39 AM.

A number of features have been added to the utorrent including the UDP tracker support so it is not possible that the utorrent 2.0.2 is much slower than 1.8.5 version is it true. You may have heard that because of some people which may have been suffering from the utorrent 2.0.2 low speed which may be due to a number of other factors like network problem virus etc. So i would suggest you to go for the uTorrent 2.0.2

Here are the features which are added to the uTorrent's new features
    • Significantly Improved STP has been "over-the previous alpha, with Many Bugs fixed and performance improvement. It's no longer hidden in Advanced settings.
    • The setup dialog has-been overhauled to make it Much Easier to use and with a built-in speed test. It's still not quite complete yet, purpose This Will Give You a Taste of What uTorrent is up with.
    • A new feature transfer course has been "added to track bandwidth usage, with graphs to show Along your use.
    Last edited by Halina; 24-06-2010 at 03:55 AM.

The transfer course settings added in response to Were various users Who Have Mandated ISP-one Caps How Much Data THEY can download / upload in a month. Now you can track your usage in MB (with a handy graph to visualize it) and configured event μTorrent to stop torrenting ounces are the Limits FUP. Currently, you can configure the time interval, the data cap and whether it should "stop based only on download, upload, or Both combined. Have a privacy notice, this traffic data Is Not feeling back to us or anyone. SO the newer version will be better
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Moreover, in this version of uTorrent and it has its own form of lightning, a way to get incoming links with no direct connection to the Internet. This allows for uTorrent to strike outlet through firewalls and routers to boost and recover the connection quickness. It is possible to associate two peers in the course of the firewall so NAT traversal aspect of UTP.
    Last edited by Regina; 24-06-2010 at 04:04 AM.