Thread: DHT unable to login in uTorrent 2.0

DHT unable to login in uTorrent 2.0

I have just updated the version of uTorrent installed on the computer to version 2.0 and after updating the version I am facing some problems with uTorrent. Whenever I try to load any torrent in uTorrent, it loads the torrent but the download does not start. The tracker in the uTorrent shows that the DHT is not able to connect to the network and has timed out. I am not able to figure out what is causing problem and hence need your help in solving the issue. Any help regarding the topic are more than welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: DHT unable to login in uTorrent 2.0

I will suggest that you check the Internet connectivity on the computer. As the DHT is not able to connect to the network it is possible that the Internet connection on the computer is not working properly. To check if the Internet connection is working properly, visit the website speedtest.net and run the online tests. Check the result to know the performance of the internet connectivity.

I have also updated the version of uTorrent on the computer and facing same problems with it. I think there is some problem with the latest version of uTorrent which is available and hence the DHT is not able to connect to the network. Remove the latest version of the uTorrent from the computer and delete all the keys related to it. Restart the computer and install the earlier version of uTorrent.

Have you configured the application after upgradation? All the settings which are configured on the earlier version get changed once the version of the application is updated. The proper configuration for the latest version is available on the official website of uTorrent. Refer the configuration file and configure the application as per the settings. Once the application is configured properly, you will not face the same problem again.

Most of the time when the uTorrent is not able to connect to the network, it is blocked by the security software installed on the computer. Hence open the configuration of the security softwares and add the uTorrent to the exception list. Save the settings and restart the application. See if the DHT is able to connect to the network.

Check all the ports which are forwarded on the router. If the ports on the router are not forwarded properly, you will face such problems. Login to the router and then check the ports which are forwarded. You can get the number of ports for uTorrent to be forwarded from the official website. Configure the port forwarding on the router and check if the uTorrent works properly.

Yes forwarding all the ports on the router really helped. The DHT of uTorrent was not able to contact the network as the port was being used by some other application. As suggested, I checked the port forwarding information and made the necessary changes. After making the necessary changes, now the uTorrent connects to the network without any problem.