Thread: Overhead over 10% of upload speed

Overhead over 10% of upload speed

I am getting an overhead over 10% of upload speed. I want to know that is this a genuine situation faced. I am having this query because most of the uTorrent users have told that the overhead remains just till 5-10 Kbps.

The downloads are comparatively slower than uploads. But, not very much slow. I am surprised at the upload speed that I am getting. It is around 900 Kbps - 1 Mbps.

Please provide all your views and suggestions on this situation. I am waiting for your replies.

Re: Overhead over 10% of upload speed

It seems that uploading is going on more than the downloading because of which there is a situation that the overhead is over 10% of upload speed. I have faced such a situation and I simply optimized my internet connection to get rid of this problem. I used the tool called Optimize My PC for optimization of the internet. There are many other features of this software. So, download and install it as soon as possible. I hope that it helps you to resolve the issue that you are facing.

There is a possibility that overhead over 10% of upload speed because the ISP is causing some issues with UDP packets. According to me, the solution that can help you in this case is that you simply have to limit the upload speed. Make sure that you do the limit under the connection cap. This must help you to increase the download speed. Just let me know if the issue is solved after that or not.

A recommended solution that can be used if the overhead is over 10% of upload speed is to switch to TCP. I have seen many of the users facing this problem. So, this is a genuine problem. Well, changing to TCP have helped them to eradicate this situation. If you do not know how to change to TCP, then it will be better if you take the help of some expert or professional. Doing unnecessary changes to the internet settings can be harmful to the system.

The following methods have to be remembered to keep away from the problem that the overhead is over 10% of upload speed:
    • The throttle back must be enabled with the help of a user option.
    • One must always follow the practice of limiting the speed of upload as well as download.
    • The uTP traffic needs to be managed.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

As I have not used any of the solutions that have been given above, I do not know if my situation can be solved or not. Well, I will try the same today and let you guys know if the situation is still persisting or not. I hope that I will get some help if I get stuck at any point while trying out the solutions. Also, thanks for all the solutions that you all have provided.