Thread: utorrent & defragmenting

utorrent & defragmenting

Since I was having problems of slow speed of process, my friend told me that I should do defragmenting. I have observed that my system becomes slow, when I start downloading something with uTorrent. So, exactly I don't know whether defragmenting will help or not.!!(less idea about defragment) So thought to take some suggestions from you guys. Please provide needful help.

Re: utorrent & defragmenting

Defragmentation is to gather the pieces of files scattered across the disk into pieces glued end to end. Imagine a library with books arranged in bulk: if they are arranged alphabetically by example, looking for a book will be extremely faster. For the HDD is the same. Yes, it should be protected as long as your defragmenter doesn't twist the files up while affecting them around. So, I am sure that defragmentation will definitely help you.

When you save a file on the disk (it was empty at the base), all information on this file are written one after the other. When you save a second file, it will be saved after the first and so on. However, when a file is deleted it generates an empty space on the disk. However, the following files will fill the "holes", and will therefore be scattered in portions of files on the disk. This is especially true since the hard disk has a large capacity and has a large amount of files. Hope that this post will guide you somehow.!!

The copying, moving and deleting files is inevitable because the system is constantly writing temporary files. It is therefore essential to use a defragmentation tool, that is to say, a software capable of reorganizing the files on the hard disk so that the "plot" files are stored contiguously to form files more "compact". It is therefore recommended that you use regularly (once a month) a defragmentation utility, which will reorganize the data stored on disk or use the defragmenter included with Windows.

Defragmentation can be done in Normal Mode or Safe Mode by user preference. The main thing to remember is that the process is regularly can help speed data transfer and there may be a significant improvement in the response speed of the computer. If you are using Windows XP, then follow the steps :
    1. Open Computer.
    2. Click the right mouse button on the local disk volume that you want to defragment, and then click Properties.
    3. Select the Tools tab, click Defragment Now.
    4. Click Defragment.

The more files on your hard disk have this anger every time slower over time, yet there is a way to make faster and fence which is explained below. When you defragment your hard disk it works more quickly. Before you begin to defragment your hard drive you have all programs closed and not doing anything with the computer because it can cause the defrag may not work well. To begin to defragment your hard drive, we go to Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> Disk Defragmenter, open it and we will get a window with the hard disk to defragment and give it to defragment. Now start to defragment, and you just have to wait to finish.

I was having the similar problem. Then I found the solution to my problem, actually its just a corrupted file in download. I think the cause of the crash is overheating hard drive (this is part of the computer to heat killing), due to the fact that μtorrent TFW tries to open this file anyway (great for slow PC). So I deleted the file in question and its progress.