Thread: Firefox V18.0 crashes frequently

Firefox V18.0 crashes frequently

Since updating Firefox to V18.0, it has started crashing a lot. The crash occurs randomly and frequently and asks me to send crash report. It’s very irritating. I want to know if there is any workaround for fixing this issue other than uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox?? I need to fix this as soon as possible.

Re: Firefox V18.0 crashes frequently

There might be something wrong in your case?? Do you have any such issue with other browsers, in case you have any installed?? Even I have recently upgraded to V18.0 and I haven’t faced single issue. I want to know if you have installed any extension after updating to the latest version?? If yes, then you can try disabling them. If that doesn’t, then you can try uninstalling them as well.
    Wishlist: Nothing.

No I don’t have any issue with other browser. I have Google chrome installed and it works great. I have switched to it because of the crashing issue. However, there are some sites that need to be visited regularly as per my work. Some of their pages and sub sections don’t appear in chrome and that’s the reason I have been using Firefox.
    I dint had any issue with Firefox but after updating it to the latest version I am getting irritated because of the crash. I don’t mind uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox but I really want to know an alternate solution for fixing this issue.

Did you try resetting Firefox?? If you haven’t then you can give that a try.

• Click on Help
    • Click on Troubleshooting information
    • Click on “Reset Firefox” button at the right hand top corner

Your old data will get backed up on your desktop, Just give it a try and let me know if that helps.

Hey that worked!! I don’t know what as the issue all about. I just did what you have mentioned above and after 2 minutes Firefox started automatically and since then it hasn’t crashed.