Thread: Upload limit not working in uTorrent

Upload limit not working in uTorrent

I have a desktop computer which is installed with Windows XP on it. Few days before I installed uTorrent application on the computer and started the downloading different torrents. Soon after the download process started, I observed that that some files are getting uploaded and hence I used the upload limit feature of uTorrent to limit the upload speed but it is not working at all. Still the files are getting uploaded at the full upload speed. Hence I want to know how do I solve this problem?

Re: Upload limit not working in uTorrent

You must have not configured the uTorrent properly on the system and hence you are facing such problem. If the uTorrent is not configured as per the settings required, the upload and download speed will not be symmetrical and create problems like the one which you are facing. Get the required configuration settings from the official website of uTorrent and configure the application as per the settings which are mentioned. After configuration, you will not face the same error.

As you have mentioned of limiting the upload speed on uTorrent but still the upload speed is not getting limited and hence I think there is some problem with the version of the uTorrent installed on the system. The proper working of the application depends on the proper working of all the files of the application. If any file of the application is corrupt or not working, the application will not work properly. Uninstall the application from the computer and then install it again on the computer. See if it helps.

Are you using the latest version of uTorrent on the system? The latest version of uTorrent which is available has a special feature enabled on it which allows unlimited upload and unlimited download speed from the local client machine. You must have enabled this feature on the uTorrent and hence the upload speed on it cannot be capped. Disable the feature and then check if the same problem persists or not.

Hey thanks for replying to the post really fast. As suggested I removed the installed uTOrrent from the computer and reinstalled it but still I am facing the same problem. The upload speed on the uTorrent cannot be limited. Also I tried to search for disabling the feature on uTorrent but could not find it. So can you help me in disabling the feature on the computer?

Open the uTorrent application and then go to the preferences of uTorrent. Select the Bandwidth tab and locate the following two options.
    1.Enable Local Peer Discovery
    2.Limit Local Peer Bandwidth
    Remove the check mark from the two options and then save the settings. Restart the application and see if the problem is solved.

Thanks Orton, I configured the uTorrent as per the configuration provided and now the application is working properly. The upload limit on the uTorrent is limited and now the download speed is very much faster than expected.